Chapter 2: Wicked Game

Weeks passed by and there are still no signs of Matthew, he's been missing ever since Clara's death was announced. Sophia had in mind that he might be hiding since he's grieving, but it's suspicious; if he wants justice for Clara he would help with the investigation.

Sophia returned to the gym where Matthew played basketball to catch up with Charles to see if he has any idea where he is hiding, and for the first time Charles finally started opening up and helping with the investigation. Charles gave Sophia a letter he found in his bag with a song lyric, it said: "The world was on fire and no one could save me but you", and the minute she read the lyric she got a text from the police saying there's a fire in an old building near the gym. Sophia & Charles hurried to that building after he confessed that Matthew was hiding in that building, so this made sense to her that the murderer is definitely not Matthew.

Firefighters surrounded the building, and some entered the building to see if people were stuck inside. They found Matthew stuck inside the bathroom with no way out and a locked door, so someone planned all of this with the letter and the fire. Sophia asked Charles if Matthew had any enemies or knew someone that would do this, and he said they need to sit down for this because he knows things the police don't.

The next day, Matthew entered rehab after what he went through, and we wouldn't for sure open up yet about Clara. Sophia caught up with Charles in a café for him to explain what's going on with Matthew, and he said this: "Well you know about all those missing girls? Well all of them are connected to Matthew, whoever this murderer is he or she knows Matthew and is probably punishing him; all of the girls are either friends with him or he dated, and that's why he is hurt. Actually he hit rock bottom when he heard that Clara died, because she was the one that he loved the most from everyone; she understood him, loved him, and he was planning on marrying her, so her death is the thing that made him hate his life, I've never seen him this sad before, he already lost his family, so they had something in common that let their relationship balanced, and it was the thing that got them close." All these things that Sophia heard shocked her, who would do this to someone? Is it jealousy that caused this? Or did Matthew do something to someone for them to start kidnapping and murdering. While they were sitting in the café, the waiter came and said someone came and told him to give them the letter, and it said: "What a wicked game." Sophia asked if Charles wanted to join her in this investigation since he knows too much, they needed to start investigating people in Matthew's university, mainly places he went a lot.