Chapter One

She awoke from a terrible nights rest. Her back like it's in a knot. But she didn't mind, she had felt worse. She got dressed and sat down as she put on her shoes. Her sleeves had fallen back on her forearms as she glanced at them. She rubbed the scars gently, as they looked like the keys on a piano, she pushed her sleeves back down. She let out a big Sigh as she collected her things and headed out the door. She said, "Bye." As she closed the door behind her , she heard a faint "goodbye dear." from upstairs. She pulled it shut and locked the door, pocketing the key and walking down the steps.

Walking the quarter of a mile to school, she thought about how terrible that day would be and if it was would turn out worse than the rest.

She made it inside and continued to walk through the school corridors as she strutted through the door of her first class.

Math, she always hated it. Another boy walked in and teased her about her scars, continuing to talk, she stopped giving him any attention. An administrator came in and talked to them about how the teacher wouldn't be coming in today due to the case of having a cold.

People started coming in, one after the other. He continued to tease her on how she should have died when she tried the first time. A boy, by the name of Marshall placed his bottom in the seat separating the two students so that he couldn't do anything to hurt her anymore. He introduced himself and she pushed the hair behind her ears.

"Hey, sorry that he was teasing you about that.. I'll make sure it doesn't happen anymore. I'm Marshall Lee, you can just call me Marshall though, nice to meet you" he smiled at her.

She continued to look down at her lap as she said quietly, "I'm Sam.. nice to meet you too.." She stuttered.

He complimented her name, talking about how much he enjoyed it.

"You're exactly like your name."

She gave a questioned look, stumbling upon confusion based on what he had said.

"Your name is very elegant and pretty.." he chuckled, pushing his flippy black hair from in front of his eyes. Seeming a little bit too tall for his chair, she giggled quietly, holding her hands in her lap.

As the class continued, she became very favourable to his company.

They laughed and told each other what they enjoy and then it came to the question, he asked, "Your scars. How did you get them..?"

She sighed, rubbed her wrists and started explaining to him.

"I have tried to harm myself, as you can see, many times.." She paused.

"I don't feel like I have a place here, with everyone around me being able to make friends, being picked on for most of your life. It just makes you feel worthless, so you try to leave, but it never works.."

Looking as if he could start to tear up, he said, "Well, it's Ok now. I am your friend."

She looked at him, like she was in a state of shock