Bloody Mary: unleashed

BLOODY MARY: UNLEASHED.

Susan Daniels had made up her mind.

Tonight they would do it. Tonight, with the help of her friends they would summon the infamous bloody Mary! And risk her wrath.

“Are you sure you won’t chicken out.” Maria asked Susan, her lips trembling in fright.

Susan who had been brushing her bushy red gold hair turned away from the mirror to look at Maria and Kelly, her two best friends. “Of course I won’t back out.” She assured them, putting the brush down to inspect the progress she had made with her hair. “Tonight at midnight we will summon bloody Mary.” Susan added dryly.

Unlike Maria and Kelly who shuddered at the mention of bloody Mary, Susan was not afraid of what would happen tonight if they invoked the spirit of Mary and she was indeed real.

Nevertheless the others didn’t have the confidence Susan had, they were petrified that bloody Mary would crawl out of the mirror and scratch their eyes out as the legend went.

“You don’t sound nervous.” Maria accused Susan.

“Nope.” Susan said confidently, for once she didn’t want to be Susan Daniels. Susan Daniels was the unpopular girl in school and not many people opted to hang out with. For once, she wanted to do something great that would cause people to stir and be left speechless.

“Fine let’s do it.” Maria finally gave up trying to get Susan to call off the summons.

“Okay it’s a deal, tonight when my parents leave for the dinner party, we will be left all alone and then we can summon bloody Mary.” Susan said going over the plan to make sure everyone understood.

“Excuse me, but exactly how are you going to get your parents to leave us alone at home unsupervised. We are fifteen and parents don’t just leave fifteen year olds alone.” Maria put     in  skeptically.

“I already explained this to you Maria, pay attention this time..…” Susan said irritated. “I told you, I lied to my parents that Mrs. Stevens would be supervising us and I told Mrs. Stevens my parents had changed their mind and decided to take us along with them.”

“What happens when your parents come home and don’t find Mrs. Stevens, what then?” asked Kelly.

“I’ll come up with something.” Susan replied. The others didn’t seem convinced but they didn’t say anything else about it.

*********

“Bye girls_____ behave yourselves.” Susan’s mom called out to them.

“And girls keep the door locked until Mrs. Stevens arrives okay.” Susan’s dad added.

“Okay.” Three voices replied in unison. Susan waited until they had driven off before the smile and the celebration started.

“Yes, step one is completed let’s move to step two.”Susan announced excited.

“So what’s next?” Maria turned to Susan eagerly.

“Well according to the legend….” Susan pulled out a piece of paper she had printed out the information on how to summon bloody Mary. “Er it says bloody Mary is evoked by chanting bloody Mary into the mirror several times… we already know this.” Susan said annoyed, she wanted to get to the really good part so they could start the summons.

“Go on Susan.” Kelly implored.

“Uh right here, it says ___ we need a dark room lit only by a candle, preferably a bathroom and a mirror of course.” Susan read out.