Chapter 2: A Punching Fight

A week later Presley was braiding her hair in the locker room. She was getting ready for her JV volleyball game. Bucky and her had a unspoken rule between the two of him. The rule was to always be at each other's games or competitions.

Bucky came into the gym with the guys after football practice. They sat down with their girlfriends cause the game fell after cheer practice. The team took the floor as Black Widow played.

Bucky rolled his eyes she was the captain of the JV cheer squad jv volleyball team and softball team. The refree said "Macon Co Bears get first serve" since Presley blocked the other team's ball.

By the end of the game they won. Presley won them the game after the game was over she got her water bottle. She wiped her face then walked to Bucky.

"What are you doing here ass?" She said

"Making sure you still suck." Bucky said.

"Um clearly I do not suck. I just won us the game. And Im taking this team and my squad and my softball team to state. Then Im also gonna beat you at battle of the bands and in motocross Im gonna get 1st place everytime." She said

"Screw you Baxter. Ill take my teams to state. And I will get that trophy at Battle of Bands and Motocross and leaving you in the dust darlin." He said as he walked away.

"You wont be able to see me cause you will be eating nothing but dust." Presley said

"Bring it on baby Im not afraid of little ol Presley Josephine Baxter. See you at the tracks." He said as he left the gym.

Two days later Presley had her blonde hair in a long braid. She put all of her motocross gear on. Lincoln loaded up her bike in the back of his truck.

Bucky was at his dad's house who was helping him load up his bike into his truck. Winnie met them at the tracks. She and Lincoln had gone on a dinner date the weekend before.

Bucky was all decked out in his gear as he was getting his bike unloaded

Bucky was all decked out in his gear as he was getting his bike unloaded. Ten minutes later they were all lined up at the starting line.

The announcer said "Boys and girls start your engines!"

They all revved up their bikes. "On Your Marks...Get Set!!"

Everyone heard bikes revving up. "BOOM" the announcer shot off the gun and they all took off.

Bucky and Presley played cat and mouse game with each other. They did stunts after stunts. It was the last lap they were coming up to the last hill.

She was in first place he was 2nd place. When she went up to do a flip Bucky didn't he used it as a opportunity to take first. He left everyone in the dust. She seen him when she landed and took off after him gaining 2nd place back.

Bucky made it across the finish line. He took first place and Presley got 2nd place. They gave out the trophies for the race. Presley was pissed that he pulled a move like that.

After everything she seen him loading  his bike. She had taken her top off and walked over to him in a sports bra and her gear pants.

"Hey!" She said

"Oh hey. See I told you I would win this weekend." He said

"You cheated" she said

"I didn't cheat." He said

"Yes you did. I know you did. You are a show off you used me using a stunt to gain 1st." She said

He turned around he threw his gloves on his dad's tail gate.

"Presley I don't cheat. I just didnt want to do a stunt big deal. If I happened to win well to bad for you. You are just pissed off cause I won." He said

She pushed him away from her. "You cheated" she said as she balled her fists.

"So what if I did. I hate you and I will do anything to beat you. What are you going to do about it?" He said

She felt her blood boiling and her knuckles turning white. "You gonna cry about it?" He said

She hauled off and punched him. "You bitch!" Bucky yelled as he wiped blood from his nose.

They both started to throw punches and rolled around in the ground. Lincoln and Winnie broke them up when they found them. They were walking together from the concessions.

"Presley Josephine walk it off now!" Lincoln said in a stern raised tone.

"You do the same James Buchanan" Winnie said as his dad walked up behind her.

"What the hell happened here?" James said

"We just found them throwing punches." Winnie said

James told his son bye that he had to head home and he would bring his bike home later. Lincoln went over to his daughter.

"What has gotten into you. Look at you a bloody nose a black eye and a busted lip. All because of what?"

"He cheated dad.."she said

"He didn't cheat. So what if he didn't do a stunt Presley. I will not let you do this anymore if you are going to act like this. Now go apologize." Lincoln said

"But daddy.." she said

"Now.." he said as he pushed her over to where Winnie and Bucky were.

Bucky was standing there with his suit hanging at his waist. He also had a bloody nose lip and black eye.

"Im sorry that I hit you." Presley said in her forced sincere voice.

Winnie nudged Bucky he rolled his eyes. "Im sorry too." He said

Presley was about to walk off when Lincoln said "Wait .. we would like to take you all to dinner."

She stopped in her tracks. She turned around walked back to him.

"Who is this "we" dad?" She said

"Me and Winnie. We have decided to see each other last Saturday I took her out to dinner." Lincoln said

Both Bucky and Presley looked at each other with mouths agape with shocked looked on their faces. Both of them thinking to themselves "This can't be happening".

They got into their parents cars. They went home showered and changed clothes. 

They arrived at Olive Garden

They arrived at Olive Garden. Bucky sat across from Presley as they sat in a booth with their parents. They both stayed quiet and enjoyed their food.