【 C h a p t e r 2 5 】

Jonathan's POV

Jonathan's POV

"What did you say?"

"That's what Angelique said a few days ago, even I can't believe it."

"Well, I guess it's called fate, sir." the chauffeur blurted.

"Can you shut up for now? Please." Nicholas pleaded with the chauffeur.

"Don't say that I didn't tell you." He stopped the car once we reached the mall, but the staff gathered outside and they bowed.

"What's happening?" I asked Nicholas.

"I don't know, I don't care." as soon as he said that the staff started greeting them.

"Good morning, Vice Chairman Young." could that be...?

"Is that... Mom?" Nicholas steps out of the car and bows at her, I followed him and whispered.

"You said you don't care, right?" he nudges my stomach using his elbow and Mom turns her heels at us after Nicholas bowed at her.

"You're late, we should talk," she said and smiled.

"Come in." I guided her to my room and as soon as the door opened, she started fuming calmly.

"I've already heard, " she said and sat.

"Yes, let me explain first—" she cuts me off.

"You don't have to, social media can tell."

"You didn't even let me explain, what if the media is lying and I'm telling the truth and you just shut me down?"

"Stop nagging, I want to know who that girl is. I want to see her." I looked at my watch and saw it was near afternoon.

"You have to wait till afternoon."

"Then I'm going to waste time."

"Good, then you may go."

"I just saw you today, then you want me to leave?"

"You don't waste time because every second is important, so don't rule me out. It's your word, not mine." I held the door open and she squinted at me angrily.

"You better make sure I meet her or else..." Mother stands and walks.

"Or else what?" I challenged her.

"Or I'm going to have an arranged marriage with or without your consent," she says coldly.

"You can't do that."

"Oh, I can, dear. I'm your mother." she slyly smiled at me and left.

"Well, that was harsh. I have to go too." Nicholas stood up and also left, I sighed and plopped down on the couch only to break it. Why do I have this stupid strength, I throw my hands in the air because of frustration and waited for the watch to strike three.