THREE. dustin & the russians

NATALIE D'ANGELO

THREE : DUSTIN & THE RUSSIANS !

the days had gone by and so did steve's absolutely terrible flirting skills that made ollie and i move from the comfortable back room of scoops ahoy, right to the front place where all the chairs and booths were.

there we could watch steve try, and miserably fail, to flirt with the teenage girls that walked into the quaint shop.

it, on the down low, made him feel bad about how much less cool he was now that he worked at an ice cream shop after graduating high school as the king of hawkins high school.

it didn't help that robin and my sister kept a white board to track how bad he was doing, it was split down the middle, "you rule" on the left and "you suck" on the right.

there was 7 for the "you suck" and a big fat zero for the "you rule"

it was honestly, truly funny because every single time robin or christie would put a mark on the board, steve's confidence would crumble just a little bit more.

when dustin had FINALLY came back, it was the one and only day in that week that ollie and i decided to sit in the back so we could flip our boards.

robin was working the front and christie and steve sat with ollie and i in the back, christie yet again begging ollie for his board.

"shhhhh!" steve says loudly, shushing us. we listen to whatever the hell the boy was listening to. it was robin and a customer, dustin to be exact.

"pleasure to meet you uh, are... are they here?" dustin asks. we all look at each other, wide smiles gracing our faces as we jump up to go see the smiley boy.

"are who here?"

"henderson!" we all yell running out of the door. he starts laughing when he saw us. "he's back! he's back! he's back!" steve yells.

"you guys got the job!" dustin yells referencing the front counter. "we got the job!" the two nimwits yell back at him.

they each did their handshakes and just as ollie and i went to hug dustin, robin speaks up looking at christie and steve.

"how many children are you guys friends with?" she cocks a brow at them. they both shuffle an awkward sigh, gesturing their arms towards robin.

they were like the same person, christie was just smarter.

the two older ones get dustin a sundae and we all sit down in a booth as dustin tell us his camp experience and the different little things about it. he even told us that he had gotten a girlfriend.

he says that she was hotter than phoebe cates, neither steve nor christie would believe it.

nor did they believe she was real

"no way! hotter than phoebe cates! no not at all" christie says as she shakes her head. "that's not possible" steve says looking at poor dustin.

"mhm" is all dustin says as he spoons some
more ice cream into his mouth. "brilliant too! and she doesn't even care that my real pearls are still coming in, she says kissing is way better without teeth"