Chapter 17

I have been walking for a while, calling for Eclipse loudly. I'm starting to get nervous because many things could kill him. That includes wolves and... something seems to run through me. Fear is it? The feeling of being watched comes inside me and I turn around half expecting to see something that will end my life in a split second.

<><><><><><><>

Dakota's POV

Wandering around in search of a horse with magical powers probably isn't the smartest thing to do so I'm not sure why I'm doing it but I haven't usually been the one with good ideas, have I?

I pause to look around for any clues. There aren't any and I'm half thinking that she disappeared off the earth. I hear a branch crack from behind me. I spin around, expecting Willow, instead I see Heart. I sigh in relief, thankful that she is here. "Dakota are you actually THIS dumb," Heart says. "I guess so," I say looking at her. She shuts up and follows me.

____________

Princess's POV

I smile down at Moonlight. Moonlight Star. I don't think that name fits anymore. "Melody," I say, trying the name out. I shake my head. Melody isn't right. What about Rose. "Desert Rose," I say looking at her. I smile, it's perfect.

I look around for Dakota but I suddenly realize that she and Heart are gone. So are Sunrise and Eclipse. The only ones here are Spark, Stardust, Cheyenne, me, and Rose. There is a horse that is missing besides them. I'm sure.

I'm starting to think that I should go find them but I know that isn't my place. I should watch over the herd. I stand there, unsure of what to do. Suddenly a flash of light surrounds me and the herd. A crack sound surrounds us and I turn to run away, but I can't. I panic because I can't do anything except think and breathe. Yet breathing is weird because I don't move at all when I breathe in.

I can't even move my eyes to look in a different direction. I am able to see out of the corner of my eye, ice. Suddenly a human walks in my view. I gasp, although no one can hear nor see that I'm moving except me. Willow walks in front of me and looks me in the eye. "What perfect ice sculptures," she says menacingly. Wait her daughter is an ice sculpture too, I remind myself.

A loud crack noise surrounds us and a foal steps out toward Willow. Stardust. "My daughter, you are free, at last, from these evil beings," Willow says. Stardust looks at her before saying, "You aren't my mom and you never will be, so don't say that!" She turns and runs off and Willow is left standing there, stunned.

As for me, I am shocked because first of all, foals can sense their actual mother and Willow is her actual mother. Second of all, Stardust has never talked before. And third of all, Willow didn't go after her. I wish I could applaud Stardust but, obviously, I can't. Willow turns and walks off without another word but I believe she is truly broken inside.

------------------------
Dakota's POV

Hold up. Does anyone read my Author's notes? I'm wondering because no one answers anything I ask. It may be because it doesn't let you comment. I have had this problem before. Anyways if you can comment please comment now and if you can't comment then it is still possible to go on my profile and send me a message. Thankyou! :) Anyways on with the story.

------------------------

I look around but I am disappointed because there is nothing and no one. I turn around to head home but the thing in front of me stops me. I stumble backwards. A vision shows a picture of the herd as ice sculptors and Eclipse in the desert. Another picture shows Sunrise wandering around in the desert. "Nooooooooooo," I scream as I see my foals drop to the ground.

My head clears and I look around, scared to death. "Heart, we have to save the herd and my foals. Willow is seeking revenge."

.................................

A/N

So guys I feel TERRIBLE. I haven't updated in a almost a week. I was at my friend's house and I don't update when I go to her house and we went riding together which was really fun! :) And I have been busy rereading sparkybark17 book The Runaway Horse series. Anyway this won't happen again and sorry about the sort of cliff hanger :/ Have a great day and I should update tomorrow. :)