LYJG: Prologue

Everything had been going great if I do say so myself. My vines were doing great and school was good socially at least. I was popular and had my friends who would die for me if it was put on the line. My beautiful girlfriend and I were going strong and I honestly couldn't ask for anything else. But do you ever feel as if something is missing or at least someone? I couldn't put my finger on it but I could feel this missing void that was once in my life and now it was gone.

Money wasn't filling that hole, and neither was sex or popularity. I just couldn't figure it out. That was my 3 am thought that kept me up at night. That was the thought that made me zone out when I was hanging with friends.

I had just come home from football practice and honestly I was tired and didn't really want to be bothered by anyone unless Johnson came over and wanted to hang but I doubted that since he was grounded. His mom said no phone, no car, and NO GILINSKY! I knew he was in hell but I told him going home high would catch up to him one day.

I made my way downstairs to see my mom wiping her eyes of a few tears and I instantly got worried. "Was it happening again?"

"Are you okay Mom?" I asked slowly walking over to her. She laughed and put her hand over her heart. More tears starting coming out of her eyes but they were happy tears?

"Oh sweetie I'm fine just absolutely peachy, but you should go see our new neighbors. Well our old neighbors!" She started to laugh again and to be honest she looked as if she was going insane.

"Go Jack I think you'll be pretty surpris-" She got cut off by the doorbell ringing. She looked out the window from the kitchen that overlooked to the front door and she smiled widely.

"Why don't you go get the door?"

I shrugged my shoulders and thought about the past 10 mintues that just happened. I hadn't seen my mom that happy in a while. Why was she so giddy about our new neighbors? Or should I say our old neighbors? What did that even mean?

I unlocked the latch on our door and looked out the door and I swear my breath was caught in my throat and my eyes were going to burst out of my head. I wanted to close the door and open it again to make sure the person standing in front of me was real. I wanted to make sure of that so all my feelings of annoyance and hate would be directed to the correct person. The person standing in front of me with that same smirk that she had when we were younger. If she had the same smirk then she had the same attitude that made me wish she was a guy at times because I wanted to punch her in her face.

She looked me up and down and giggled softly....

"Hello Jack"