Love at first sight

It was another causal night of blogging, eating ice cream and throwing away my life as my parents said. I didn't think that anything important would happen on this one particular day, March 12. My blog sams.blog.tumblr was quite famous I had around 2 million followers, I still can't believe that two million people liked little tomboy me. I was just writing another one of my famous rants about school when I got yet another inbox. For some reason I decided to copy my rant and save it for later I opened the letter and what I got was one of the nicest things anyone had written to me. The girl was named Deandra and she told me all about how when she comes home for school she always goes and checks my blog. I was flattered I had gotten many inboxes like that but this one for some reason was different. She confessed that she has had a crush on me for a long time and that even though I was a famous internet personality she still hoped that I would be able to at least look at her blog and reply.

I at once checked her blog and saw one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen. She had long brown hair that flowed to her shoulders and full red lips that made her look very kissable. Her green eyes shined with a light I had never seen before and I fell in love with her. She was curvy and filled in well in all the right place, her blog consisted mostly of fashion, cute animals, and pictures of herself. She was what I would call my exact opposite. She had a sweet face and her green eyes invited you in while my grey blue eyes made people look away and turn around. Her long brown hair was a contrast to my short choppy black hair, and while her clothes consisted mostly of summer dresses and breezy skirts mine was filled with black shirts and skinny jeans matched with combat boots.

Yet something drew her to me and something drew me to her. I closed her blog but not before following her. I finished my rant about the unfair american school system and closed my lap top. I gently put it on the bed side table, my lap top was everything to me. It was my job, my vacation and everything else. I had worked hard to earn enough money to buy an expensive lap top since I didn't want to mooch off of my parents. They hated me enough as it was, a disappointment is what thy called me. 18 and still living at home while my brother is living in a snobby apartment while he attends Harvard. A prodigy is what he was and my parents always favored him. I didn't blame him of course, he couldn't help it that my parents liked him more but it still stung.

I laid down on my bed and turned of my night light. I closed my eyes and tried to let sleep carry me away from this place. Sleep mercifully came quickly and guided me into a dream that was wonderful. It was me sitting at a picnic table, my parents were looking at me as I told them a story. They had admiration in their eyes and the look they gave me was the look my brother usually received. My brother Simon was of course there too looking at me with the same adoration. I was having the time of my life when I felt someone's soft hands cover my eyes. "Guess who?" A velvety voice came out and my ears seemed to have died and gone to heaven for only an angel could have a voice like that.

I took the hands of my eyes and turned around and to my surprise there was Deandra. She was smiling at me and her eyes had that wonderful sparkle in them. She was a sight to be seen, with her white sundress. The dress itself was adorned with crocheted yellow sunflowers that just made her look more innocent and vibrant. "Come on Sam" she said in that angel voice of hers while grabbing my hand. I quickly stood up willing to follow her anywhere she leads. She started leading me out of the park which I only now noticed and into the woods. I followed her of course, I would do anything for her. I followed her to a meadow where I saw two people kissing, immediately I suggested we leave. But Deandra just smiled at me and held my hand tightly. I tried to pull us away but she was stronger which was surprising since I was bigger and more muscly than her.

Then the people in the meadow stopped kissing and looked at us. My jaw opened in shock, it was Deandra and my brother. A tear ran down my face and I looked at the Deandra holding my hand "Why?" and with one simple sentence she shattered me "Because he is and always will be better". Gasping I wake up trying to suck big gulps of air into my lungs. A tear runs down my face and soon more follow. I clutch my pillow and let it take in my sobs. I'm not sure why I was crying but the tears just wouldn't stop until eventually the tears dried and I once again fell asleep.