y/n's pov

I walk into the coffee shop, taking off my coat as I look around for Louis. He wasn't there yet, so I decided to take a seat at one of the tables after ordering a coffee. I set down my phone on the table next to my coffee, and put my coat next to me on the seat. I sat alone for a bit, and as I did I wondered if he would even recognize me. I no longer wear glasses, I don't have braces, my hair is now straight, and I don't have acne anymore. I hear the door open and close, pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned my head to see a boy with messy brown hair ordering. My heart raced as I waited for the boy to turn so I could see if it was my childhood best friend. Finally, he turned.

"Uh, Louis?" I waved shyly, getting his attention.

He turned to me after hearing his name. His eyes widened as he saw me. He ran over to me, set his drink on the table, and hugged me tightly.

"Y/N! I missed you so much!" He told me.

"I missed you more Lou," I said as I buried my head into his neck.

He finally stopped hugging me, but instead of letting go completely, his hands slid to my shoulders. He looked me up and down.

"You've changed so much! I didn't even recognize you," He chuckled softly.

I giggled as I smiled at him.

"Do you want to sit?" I asked as I gestured towards the booth I had saved.

He nodded with a smile and after we sat down, we talked for hours.