Chapter 18

Maddi’s POV

Jerome and I were left alone down stairs. We were watching a movie and when he got up to use the rest room I saw his phone on the couches armrest.

‘I’m going to try something…’ I thought and I grabbed his phone, tried to figure out his password and got it on the first try. I then looked through it and I eventually went to his texts. Something felt odd…in his contacts was a girl named Enti with a heart after the name. I raised an eyebrow in skepticism. I opened the conversation and I felt my blood freeze.

(Jerome,Enti)

I miss you Enti

I miss you too. But I’ll be a student at your college next school year. I can’t wait to meet Maddi.

I can’t wait for you to meet her either

By the way…are you sure you’re just friends?

We are that’s all we are

I felt my heart crack after reading that last text…this conversation went on last night. I felt my boil and I felt pissed. How did Jerome keep this a secret from me!? Worst of all Sara and Mitch knew about it! I looked up and saw Jerome.

“Maddi what’s wrong?” He asked and I threw the phone and it hit him hard in his nose.

“What’s wrong!? What’s wrong is that you have a girlfriend and yet you’re here being romantic with me!” He froze and I think I saw him blood freeze.

“You kissed me, a few times we almost had sex but I stopped you and we are seen as a couple at school which we are!! But you had a girlfriend this whole time! When were you going to tell me about this Enti!?”

“She’s my-“ I stopped him.

“Don’t you dare tell me she’s your cousin or some shit like that! Sara and Mitch have told me about your family plus you talk to me about them! I’m not one of those girls that can’t be tricked that easily and when it happens and when it’s something like this I get pissed!” I stood up and I backed him against the wall.

“Jerome we are threw! As of now we are technically frenemies. I will make your life miserable as long as I have a grudge against you and believe me I can hold a grudge for a very…very long time. Remember this Jerome…hell hath no fury like a woman scorned…especially me.” I saw fear in his eyes and I felt fire in mine. I turned away and saw Ryan, Mitch and Sara, who looked like she just woke up, with wide eyes and looked like they were ready to run.

“Sara…Mitch…come here now!” I said threw gritted teeth. They ran and stood in front of me.

“If I find out you two knew about this the whole time I will make your lives just as miserable got it!” I yelled and they nodded. I walked past them fuming and slammed the door to my room when I went in. I then put in Enti’s number in my phone. I have a photographic memory so I remembered it pretty easily. I then packed up my things.

Sara’s POV

“Really Jerome? You told Sara and I that you broke up with Enti!” Mitch whisper-yelled so that Jerome, Ryan, Mitch and I could only her.

“I did but…we kinda got back together a week into the school year.”

“Well let me tell you something…you fucked up big time boy. I’ve never seen Maddi this mad. When she was mad she was on her period and I had to barricade my door whenever I went in. That girl is scary when she’s mad.” I said and Ryan sighed.

“Well…let’s deal with this in the morning.” Ryan said.