1

i believe in karma. and it truly can be a bitch sometimes. for me, it came at me hard, ruined my life almost. maybe it'll get better but for now, let me tell you the story:

three years ago i lived with my roommate, audreyana. we were best friends since middle school. i thought we were gonna be friends forever, have houses next to each other, go on double dates with our husbands and have our kids go on play dates. you know, the typical dream future anyone wants with their best friend.
boy was I in for some bad shit..
the summer before me and audreyana were senior college students, we hung out almost everyday, hitting every party, drinking so many drinks. but the last three weeks of summer, I went on a trip to seattle, new york, then japan, korea, italy, and france. by the time I came back to california to start school, audreyana seemed like a whole new person. she changed her hair and clothes and she totally ignored me, even while sharing an apartment. I don't know what happened to her but I couldn't even recognize this new person. at the time I had a boyfriend, kian, who I loved. or atleast thought I did. the next party I went to, I saw kian and audreyana on the dance floor, drunk and making out. I later learned they had sex and started dating after I broke up with him.
I liked to drink but going through all of this and on top of that finding out my dad died in a car crash made me miserable I felt like a full blown alcoholic. and don't even get me started on the amount of weed I smoked and xans I took. i wasn't super close to my dad but that shit still hurt.
a year after my dad's death I graduated college (just barely). i didn't have a job and I was fed up with living with audreyana so I moved out. honestly I thought this only happened in movies but I considered becoming a stripper. I searched up good paying strip clubs and I was hired at the first one I applied to. I used to do dance and stuff so I was pretty flexible. my stage name: karma. it's funny that my name was karma and then karma from the universe or wherever it comes from beat my ass.
the pay was extremely good though and to be honest I started to enjoy being a stripper. i had my regulars who loved me and that love brought in big bills. I leased a nice apartment with the money and I felt kinda like a bad bitch. I made friends through stripping and I even met a boy. ethan.