The Accident

○●PART 1○●

Phone in my hand ,laptop on my lap ,and the cold wind blowing from my bedroom window ,its colder as usual tonight , oh , I forgot , im Karen Hart, 19, and yes im the only child my parents have .

My parents had dinner and went out , I didnt join them cause I just had dinner with my friends so I decided to stay home alone while theyre out having dinner .I looked at the clock , 9:30pm, and im starting to feel sleepy so I put on my pajamas and slept . A few minutes later ,I felt asleep . Then suddenly I woke up feeling quite cold , I looked at the clock again.... 12:30am . My parents should be home right now, I thought .I went outside my bedroom and peeped into my parents' bedroom . Dark . Quiet . But I heard footsteps in their bedroom . "They're home" ,I thought to myself and went back to my bedroom and felt back to sleep .

◇◆♧◆◇

I woke up cause I heard the front door knocked , went downstairs and looked at my parents' bedroom door . And wondered why didnt they open the door cause usually if my mom hears the door opened she'll go downstairs and open it . Then I quickly ran downstairs , peeped from the window to see who it is, and opened the door. A tall man, in a coat, holding a file, brown hair and a but serious looking faced ."Good Morning, Miss Hart" he said to me . "Good Morning, is the anything I can help?" I asked wondering how'd he know my name ."May I come in?" He asked and I let him in closing the door . I asked him to have a seat and so he did ."Wait a sec, I'll go get my parents " ,I said walking towards the stairs .Then the man stopped me and said "Miss...didnt you know? Umm..didnt anyone told you?" He asked . Im starting to feel weird and asked him "Tell me what?" . Then the tall man took something out of his pocket and showed me a badge . "Im inspector Harper, your parents, they died of an accident last night" he said . At first I thought it was a joke, cause I remember last night I heard footsteps in my parents' bed room .Then I ran upstairs and slammed my parents' door . I looked all over , nobody . I quickly ran back downstairs and yelled at inspector Harper . "WHERE ARE MY PARENTS? !" , he kept quiet and held me a the file he was holding earlier . "Take a look inside the file, Miss Hart, and tell me if you know any of these people" ,I took the file and opened it ,and I look through the pictures , I saw my mom in her seatbelt blood all over her head ,beside her, my dad, also covered in blood, and in one second, I was already on my knees, crying . Hoping this is just a dream , then I will wake up . "Please wake up" I thought im my mind . Tears are already flooding my eyes . "My.....parents" I look at the inspector, my eyes still flooding and still crying ."Im Sorry for your lost ,Miss Hart" he said . "How did this happened?" I asked . "Car crash . The other driver was drunk, and ran over your parents' car" he explained . "And where the fuck is the goddamn drunk driver?!" I asked with my tone getting higher and higher . "He died too" the inspector answered ,short ."So what should I do now?" I asked . Telling my heart to stay strong and trying to accept that both of my parents are gone ."I suggest you follow me to my office , and speak to my friend" . So I went upstairs, put on my jeans and t-shirt,tied my hair . And followed the inspector to his car and he drived me to his office . I went in the building and he talked to someone and Introduced me to a woman , Mrs Calloway . "Good morning,Miss Hart" she greeted . "Good morning" I greet back . And followed her in her office . "Have a seat" she said . So I sat on a chair infront of her seat . She tooked out a file ,looked over it and told me "So youre the only child?" And I answered with a nod ."Im sorry for your lost" she said and I nodded again . "Unfortunately for you,Miss Har-" she said then I stopped her, "Call me Karen" I said then she nodded and continued "Karen, the house your living in right now, your parents rented It right?" She asked then I nodded . "Your parents didnt payed the rent for months, and I spoke to the owner and they said they wanted to kick you out" she said with a frown . "WHAT?! NO THEY CANT DO THAT!" I said with my voice ,high . "They can ,its their home,not your's" then I sat back and sighed ."Then where should I go?" I asked . "I tried to asked for help from the orphanage, but....they only accept under 18,and you're 19, trust me, I tried, but youre already an adult ." She said . "But I dont have anywhere to live right now" I said . "Im sorry ,Miss Hart" she said .Silence took over the room then suddenly she spoke ,"But theres this one house" ."What house?" , I asked .Then she showed me a picture of a house besude a big lake , the house was big and its made of wood . "Its your great grandparent's , they own it, I suggest you can live here" she said . Then I thanked her . She gave me the address and told me that I can leave . So I did. I went out of her office and saw the inspector. He greeted me and drove me home . I looked at the clock , 4:30 pm .I went into my room and I cant help but to cry . Thats all that I can think of .

------------------------------------------------------

Hey, this is my first horror story, I used to write teen fiction and vampire on my old acc but unfortunately I forgot the password and I havent been updating it since . But here's my new story ,and I hope you liked it ♡ thank you for reading ♥