there is so much sexual tension in the godforsaken book

Chapter 28

Despite everything that was going down, I tried to remain focused on my date with Felix. Friday came around quicker than expected, and I found myself having a mini mental breakdown as I stressed over getting ready for it.

"Felix!" I called out through the door of my bedroom.

"Yeah?"

"What am I supposed to wear?" I asked, staring into my closet with frustration.

"Whatever you want, Lemon."

"Not helpful!"

Felix demanded that I stay within my room until he was ready to 'pick me up for our date'. I found it kinda funny how unconventional our circumstances were— getting ready in the same space for a date together. It was odd, but everything about us was.

I decided to go with an outfit Felix had never seen me in. A flow-y, off-the-shoulder sundress that somehow made me look childishly adorable and, honestly, kinda hot at the same time.

I also chose to spice up the look with a pair of heels. Because why not?

Eventually, when Felix and I were both ready, he knocked on my bedroom door. I laughed at how ridiculous he was as I opened it, revealing him standing there with his familiar dorky grin and a bouquet of flowers in his hands, as well as a vase.

Though, my attention immediately focused on how well dressed he was.

"Wow." was all that Felix said as he took a step back to look at me. I did the same to him. "You're beautiful."

That was probably the first time Felix had ever called me beautiful, which immediately set off those pesky butterflies in my stomach.

"These are for you, of course." he smiled, entering the room and placing the vase down on my dresser and situation the flowers in it.

"Thank you, Felix." I gushed as he turned to me, "I hope you know that this is already better than every single date I've ever been on."

I thought it was funny, but Felix just frowned, which made me realize how sad it actually was. But it was true.

"Come on." he said, grabbing my hand, "Let's go find out exactly what we've been missing out on with each other."

-

"Cake decorating?" I exclaimed excitedly as Felix lead me into the shop. "This is a thing?"

"Hell yeah, dude." Felix nodded, "I've always wanted to come here and I figured it'd make a weird first date."

"It is a weird first date. And I love it." I added.

"I figured you would." he smiled, happy that I was happy.

Within seconds, I decided that this Cake Decorating shop (It was called Patty's Cakes) was the cutest place I've ever been to. They had a whole studio in the back where you could sit and decorate cakes, cupcakes, cookies...just about anything. Along with all of that, they provided a variety of frostings of all flavors and colors, as well as just about any sprinkles and toppings you could ever think of. They even had fondant and fudge and caramel! I was definitely freaking out about all the options.

One of the workers led us back to a table that had already been set up with about a dozen cupcakes and one big cake— all of which appeared to be different flavors.

Felix and I didn't hesitate before jumping into the decorations.

There wasn't a dull moment between us the entire time. The night was filled with laughter and banter and stories and creativity and art. I wasn't sure if it worked out so well because of the activity Felix had chose, or if it was just because it would always be this way between Felix and I no matter where we were or what we did.