Part 1

"Uh, guys? I have... something to say..."

I'm Ricken. A wizard with the shepherds and an active header on the front lines.

Oh yeah, I'm also gay.

And I have a huge crush on Chrom. Can you blame me? He's hot!

And we have a deep emotional connection spanning over the majority of our lives.

But he is really hot.

Anyway, back to where I was.

Everyone was looking at me expectantly. And, since it was during dinner, it was everyone. Every single Shepard.

"I've... uh... been meaning to say this for awhile but..." I was struggling for the words. "I guess I was just nervous." With that intro, I definitely had everyone in the room paying attention to me.

"I... I'm gay!"

There was a crushing silence and I had to fill it with something. "I... I guess I was too scared to tell you guys until now but... you're my family. It's been killing me not having you know. So... there."

What would they say? I'm terrified. Terrified of rejection from my friends. My family.

...

...

And then there was silence. A full 30 seconds of silence. I looked around, panicked. Some people were staring at me, Sully was smiling for some reason, Lissa looked embarrassed, but most people had their eyes averted.

Who'd want to look at the weird one?

"Oh gods, I knew I never should of said anything." I muttered. I started to walk away, tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry, I... I should leave." As I walked by the head of the table towards the exit of the room, tears streaming from my eyes at full volume, I muttered one last lament. "What else should I have expected?"

And just as I was about to leave, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Chrom with a look of disappointment in his eyes. Of course he'd be disappointed. He's taught me everything I know, and I end up like this. I couldn't bare the look anymore and closed my eyes and looked down with the tears still flowing from my eyes.

"I'm very... disappointed in all of you." He said, looking toward the group. My head shot up and looked at him. "He's scared! He managed to pull together the courage to tell us this, and he's met with silence?" Everyone had their head turned in shame. Chrom looked toward me. "I'm sorry for not saying anything sooner. So I'll say what I should now. I'm very proud of you. That must of taken a lot of courage to do that."

He put his free hand on my other shoulder. "But if you think for a second that any of us will treat you differently, or bare any hostility to you, then you're flat out wrong. We're you're family, Ricken. Just because you're gay doesn't mean that we don't care about you. Now, dry off those tears and go sit back down." He pulled me into a tight embrace that I happily returned.

Gods, I had a dream that played out like this once.

As I was walking back to my seat, Sully piped up with "I could tell." This awarded her a glare from everyone else at the table. "What? He's a total twink!" I bursted out in laughter. Yep, still the same.

The rest of the night was very nice. We were joking, laughing, and I was getting a lot of questions. You know, the normal stuff, "When did you know?" and "do you like girls at all?". That kind of thing.

"Who're you crushing on, kid?" Sully finally asked. I should've been more prepared, considering how likely the question was. "Since there are more guys than girls here, who ya checkin' out?"