Chapter 8/ Let's forget about that

Slowly we got close to the point where his lips are against mine. We pull away to catch our breathes and stare deep into each other's eyes, smiling like idiots. "That..that was amazing" he says. "It was" I giggle. For another 2 mintues, we stare in silence trying to believe what just happened. "Um we should maybe go" I say. He nods and we swim back to land. As we put on our clothes, I had one thing running in my head.

Was I gonna tell Laynee I kissed her brother?

"Whatcha thinkin about?" Jonah asks. I stare out the window as we drive back home, snapping out of my thoughts to answer Jonah back. "What am I gonna tell Laynee" I start to panic. Jonah notices and puts his hand on my thigh. "We're not gonna tell her anything, it was just a kiss. She just doesn't want us to date plus it's not a big deal" he says.

"So what did you guys do" Laynee asks. I stare at her not blinking. My palms are sweating and i could of sworn I heard my own heart beat. "We just hung out and ate food" Jonah says. "Okay well Macy I need you to get a boyfriend" Laynee says. "Wait why?" I say. "Because I'm going on my first date and I want you to be there" she says. "I could be your date" Jonah says.

I couldn't tell whether he was being serious or not. "I mean it might take her days to find a boyfriend so I could just take her out" Jonah smiles. I felt like this boy was just playing with me now. We kiss and he says it's not a big and it didn't mean anything now he wants to take me out on a date.

Remember what Laynee said, he's a PLAYER

"No actually I'm fine, I don't want my first date to be with a guy who's a player" I say coldy. "My first date has to be with someone special" I say. "So is that a no" Laynee asks. "Yes I'm sorry Laynee" I say. She nods and walks away. It stays quiet between Jonah and I. "I'm going for a run" I say.

I walk out and start to jog. "Hey wait up M" Jonah says. "what do you want" I say coldy. "What's wrong? Why cant I take you out? I thought we had something" he says. "Jonah we're not even allowed to be together and maybe it should stay like that" I say. "No I know you like me come on" he says. "and what if I do? It wouldn't matter anyways so Jonah just please leave me alone" I say.

I feel bad for everything that came out of my mouth. Even tho he's a player, he still has feelings. I quickly kiss him on the cheek and run off. I start thinking where I am gonna go. I pull my phone out of my pocket and see my lockscreen. It was a picture of Zach and I.

Zach

I haven't spoken to him since last night. I walk up to his door and knock. Seconds later he opens up and cross his arms. "What do you want" he says coldy.

Ouch that hurt

"Uh I wanted to see if you would want to hang out" I say. He rolls his eyes and scoffs. "Macy what part don't you understand of I don't want to talk to you again" he says closing the door slowly. "What are you talking about" I question. "You really don't remember do you?" He says opening the door again. I shake my head and he sighs. "You went through my privacy and sent a video of me singing to Michie Ghall" he says

As those last words came out of his mouth, I felt beyond terrible. "Zach I'm sorry. I'm sorry I went through your phone and sent that. I'm sorry I made you go to the party. I'm really sorry but I was drunk and I know that's not excuse but I'm sorry. It was my first time I felt like I didn't have control" i was basically begging he would forgive me.

"But you did have control" he says closing the door again. I stop it and feel tears forming in my eyes. This wasn't the time to cry. "Zach I'm sorry okay please just give me a second chance. I want our friendship to work" I say. He looks at me and stays quiet. He sighs and then I felt the warmth of his arms around me. He rubbed my back and tried to calm me down.

"Does this mean you forgive me?" I ask. He giggles and shakes his head. "I'll forgive you once you take me out for froyo" he chuckles. "Okay let's gooo" I say grabbing his hand.

As I was about to order, I looked down and noticed my hand is still in Zach's hand. I smile a little and focus on what I want on the Menu. After we get our froyo, we sit at table and eat in silence.

"So if I may ask, what is that the last thing you remember from the last night" he says licking his spoon. "Uh I remember being with Jonah but before that nothing" I answer. He nods and begins to play with his froyo. "Who's Jonah? Is he your new boyfriend?" He asks. I could tell he was regretting saying that. "Nope we're not even friends" I answer him. He looks down and smiles to himself.

It stayed silent between us for a little longer and as we finished up our froyo, his phone began to rang. "Hello..yes this is Zach...REALLY...yes tonight is good...okay I'll see you there" he hangs up with the biggest smile on his face. "YOU WONT BELIEVE WHO THAT WAS" he says. "Who?" I chuckle. "Michie Ghall and he wants to talk to me about going on the Online Star Tour" he says squealing.

I walked home by myself thinking about Zach. He's going on tour with five other people. Zach left early since Michie was meeting him at his house to talk through everything. I walked up the steps and knock. "Hey I was worried about you" Laynee saying opening the door. "Sorry I went out for a run and met up with Zach"

They nodded slowly and I walked upstairs slowly. Should I tell them the news? Will they care? I should tell them either way. "You guys won't believe what happened to Zach" I say excited. "What" Laynee says. "Zach got a call from Michie Ghall and he might be going on the Online Star Tour" I say walking back downstairs.

"Woah Jonah aren't you going on that tour? For like what two months" Laynee says eating her grapes. "Yea I am" Jonah nods. "Oh well good for you" I say with no emotion. I stepped a little closer to Jonah and so did he. " Looks like you'll be gone for a while" I said looking up to him. "Yea for sure" he says.

Pain. I somehow saw pain in his eyes and I knew it was pain bc i saw pain in Jamies eyes when life got hard for us. The longer I stared into his beautiful blue-green eyes the more I was sucked into his world. I knew deep down, I was gonna miss him. No matter how hard I wanted to deny it, I was gonna miss Jonah Marais.
-
-
-
-
-
1

262 words♡