Chapter 62: Big Day (3)

There was a touch of bitterness on Mo Xiu Yao's lips. He smiled thinly and said: "You've seen that. I'm not used to it yet." He had thought that he had been used to it. In fact, he spent the total seven years that passed to get himself used to it. Getting used to not be able to ride a horse with a whip in his hand on a battlefield for the rest of his life. Getting used to wear a mask whenever there were people around for the rest of his life otherwise the scars on his face would draw him attention from frightened or pitying crowd. Getting used to be seriously ill from time to time as if his life before the accident was a mere dream. He thought he was getting used to it all, but only by today, when he was standing in the auditorium listening to the outright insults by Prince of North Rong, did he realize that he was far from getting used to it. Today, he was not only humiliated himself, but he let his newlywed wife humiliated with him, though his wife didn't blame him.

Ye Li saw clearly the guilt in his eyes and smiled slightly: "I thought you knew that I was prepared for everything that was going to come my way when my family decided to accept this marriage."

Mo Xiu Yao said: "Did you already know that something like this was going to happen? "

Ye Li shook her head and laughed: "Even if this didn't happen, something else would. I've never thought that everything would go smoothly after we get married." Even commoners went through their own family problems, there would only be more problems for a family of power and authority.

Mo Xiu Yao looked at her quietly and finally said in a low voice: "I probably wouldn't be able to keep you from all your worries but I will definitely give you the life you like with all I have."

Ye Li raised her eyebrows and said: "I have faith in you." She said with a smile after she slowly applied the medicine on his wound and put the medicine away.

"It's been a long day. You should go to bed early." Mo Xiu Yao looked at Ye Li and said lightly.

Ye Li was frozen for a second, then she smiled and said: "All right. You too." Mo Xiu Yao nodded and called Ah Jin to help him out in his wheelchair. He was quite considerate to tell Qing Shuang and the other maids who was standing outside the bedroom to go inside and wait on Ye Li.

When Qing Shuang and the other maids came inside, Ye Li had already taken off her jewelries and had put them in a case on the dressing table. Qing Shuang frowned and said discontentedly: "Miss, why did His Highness leave?" Princess Royal Xi Fu said solemnly in the ceremony that nobody was allowed to disturb the newlyweds in the privacy of their nuptial room and Prince Ding didn't have to drink with the guests so at the moment Prince Ding was supposed to be in the nuptial room keeping their miss company. Why was he here at first and then left?

Ye Li turned around and smiled: "This is Prince Ding's Manor. Do you think he would have no place to sleep other than here?"

Qing Luan and Qing Yu had prepared hot water and invited Ye Li to bathe. However, they didn't look happy either. While Ye Li didn't have the time to care about how the maids felt, in fact, from her perspective, she felt that Mo Xiu Yao couldn't have been more considerate than this. Though she didn't intend to be his wife with an empty title for the rest of her life, she was quite concerned about whether she could adapt to have sex with a man that she only met for a few times and barely knew about. She got to give those women in the past credit for their adaptability, who usually couldn't hold hands with men, however, when they got married, they had to have sex with a man they had barely seen. Getting those heavy jewelries and the grand wedding gown off herself, Ye Li relaxed her body in satisfaction. She was ready to take a bath then go to bed. When she was finally on the soft and cozy bed and into her dreams, there was still a faint smile on her lips: "Mom, grandpa, father, mother and cousins, I finally get myself a husband..."