A Diary for a Birthday

I wonder why out of all my birthdays, my eighteenth birthday was THE WORST.

Basically, I woke up at August the 13th, my birthday, expecting a surprise birthday party for my family. I went to change in a plain t-shirt with some leggings and brushed my teeth. As I went downstairs, my parents talked normally as if there was no occasion.

I made myself visible to my parents so they could at least greet me. Oh, hi Raine! Happy Birthday! My mom said. My dad handed my gift and greeted me. I was soo excited to open my first gift !

As my parents watched me, I opened my gift. There, I found a black, hard-covered diary type of notebook with a rusty lock and key. It has a million pages (I didn't DARE to count) and boring lines.

I found out that it was a $1 diary that has been staying in a weird old junkyard. This wouldn't even do or provide me anything good. I didn't even know why my parents gave me a stupid diary in the first place. Geez thanks so much -_-

I went to my brother, Andrew's room, peeking in the door, expecting at least a greeting. I know that my brother is cruel, but WHO CARES! It's my birthday today!

  As I figured, he was kinder and greeted me a better happy birthday than my parents. He told me to open the door a little bit more so he can see me grow. I was filled with happiness and opened the door as he asked.

  To my surprise, a gallon of fish soup poured onto my head. My brother laughed so hard he fell on the floor. I immediately left his stinky room and took a bath. Have I told you about my brother being the king of pranks? Now you know.

  I did NOT bother to barge in my sister's room because of the incident. I really hate my life :(

For the rest if the day, my parents didn't bother to plan mall shopping and any other activities. I stood all day long in my room, locked behind.