1

Sami Matarante, the media liaison, or the person that keeps the press at bay, was sitting at her desk. She was going through files and cases, writing reports, anything that her boss couldn't finish before he had to get home. At this moment, she was looking through potential cases and trying to figure out where the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, also known as the BAU, was needed.

She read over the case file that had come from Nashville, Tennessee. A man, or woman, had killed about three women in the span of a week. Sami knew that it would only get worse if the unsub, or unknown subject, was already killing multiple women within the week. She needed to get their team in as soon as possible. Their unit was ran out of Virginia, so they needed to be quick.

After a bit more looking over, Sami finally decided that she should call her boss. Their team leader, Tim Foust. Sami sighed as she picked up the phone. She felt bad, knowing that Tim and his husband had just left for the night.

She dialed the number and put the phone to her ear. Waiting.

"Sami? Everything okay?" Tim asked, sounding like he just woke up.

"Foust, I'm sorry, but there's another case. Nashville needs us." Sami said, staring sadly at the crime scene photos that were in the case file.

Tim groaned into the phone. "Okay. Call the team. Adam and I are on our way."

Before Sami could say anything, Tim hung up. The woman sighed again, knowing the team would be disappointed. These guys rarely got time off, and this was almost the one time they could all take their vacations.

"I'll make sure they get one after this case." She said to herself, already dialing Austin's number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After making all of the calls, Sami set up the briefing room for the team. She made sure that the slideshows were ready, files of the victims were prepared, and that there was a lot of coffee for the team to survive on.

Austin was the first to show up, always wanting to be on time. He kissed Sami on the cheek as he walked by her to get some coffee.

"I'm sorry about this, Austin. I know you wanted to fix up some things with your truck." Sami said with a slight frown.

"I can do that when we get back from this case." Austin said, giving a reassuring smile.

"Fix what, Red?" Adam asked as he and Tim walked in, hand in hand.

"Probably his truck again." Chance said, following behind them. He was clearly agitated, so Austin handed the man his coffee. The redhead smiled and went to make himself another cup.

"Everyone here?" Tim asked, pulling out a chair for Adam.

"Nope! But there is now!" Kelsey, their technical analysist said as she walked into the room. Rob smiled at her as he sat at the table. Austin had no clue as to when the man got there. And Austin knows everything!

"Let's get started." Tim said and Sami nodded to Kelsey.

Kelsey picked up the remote and turned on the television in the room. Austin audibly gasped at the sight.

Three women's pictures were on the screen. They were beaten, raped with foreign objects, and so much more. What caught Austin's attention was the way the killer literally cut the women in two. From the pelvic area to the neck, a clean cut. It made the redhead sick, yet he'd seen worse cases.

"Our first victim, Lily Jenkins, was found in an alley. The others were in small streams." Sami said, swiping on her iPad.

"That's strange." Adam said, his face scrunching in confusion.