1. The briefing

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

- Saros -

I piloted my jet heading for the space station where I was requested. As I drew nearer to the behemoth of a space station, I could only wonder how something that huge could stay afloat and in orbit. The area around the hangars were filled with spacecrafts flying in and out.

Soon enough, after joining the queue for arrivals, I had gone through the DM shield and was in the landing bay. I gave up piloting to the droid to listening to the commands from the control tower. It landed the ship in the huge bay only for my jet to be lost in the array of over a hundred spacecrafts.

I got down from the jet and saw the bay, bustling with cargo, pilots and traffickers.

"Saros!" Was the call of a familiar voice, it was Juno, my curly haired best friend. He walked towards me happily in his spacesuit accompanied by his third gen. assistant droid. "How was it?"

"Near hell, it was frightening," I replied giving a worried face. "How was yours?" I asked kindly, quickly changing to a bright face.

"It was cool" he said, feeling proud of himself as he placed his hands behind his head. "I mean, I thought it was bye bye when my crew reached a dead end but there was actually a valley nearby..."

It wasn't a dead end! Was the first thing that rang in my head, the rest was practically inaudible anymore.

"Wha..." I managed to blurt before being interrupted by the droid.

-Commander Taurus requests your presence at the 7th level briefing room, captain Juno -

We then proceeded to the multivator to get to the briefing room.

"Saros, if I get nervous and don't know what to say, pls use your ability to transmit to this," he said looking at me worried, holding up an ear pod "it has a voiced AI that'll read out your transmission"

I then transmitted a message to the pods after Juno wore them
-sure, will do- ,Juno huffed.

As the doors of the multivator opened, the first being we saw was a young man in a commanders uniform standing in front of the multivator, blocking most of the exit. He gave a deadly stare and a straight face, as usual, his hands folded in disapproval. This was none other than commander Taurus.

The room behind him was grand. It had a long table at the centre with a hologram of an average sized planet hovering over it. I identified the planet to be Veda. The room was bordered with pillars that had the faces of some people engraved on them, probably past commanders.

"The others have been here for a while" he snared giving a disapproving face. Of course, we were late but by a few minutes, come on.

There turned out be some spacesuits in the room. One with glasses and golden shaggy hair, Haruno, another with glasses but with a brown bun and quire face, Leya, and not surprisingly, amongst them was Diane. They were all seated together at the far end of the table on the sides, closest to the commander's grand chair.

Diane, she is from Hokma. There they are very disciplined and strong. By the looks of it, she was supposedly the strongest on the table. Plus she easily stole my attention with her size, about an extra half of me bigger.

Juno gave a pleading look and a pinch of his 'I'm sorry' puppy face. The commander almost gasped at the weird face but it worked all the same.

"Settle down" said the commander. Going to his seat. "This is your first official briefing and in the field we do not waste time, remember that" he announced generally. As he went, his light sword dangled behind him fair cloak.