Chapter 2

For the next few days, everyone kind of kept to themselves. No one really had time to sit down and get to know each other with all the moving in and work. There were 3 floors to the place. All rooms were the same size except for Sesshomaru's. There were 5 bedrooms on the 3rd floor which were occupied by Koga, Shurran, Kagome, Hojo and Sesshomaru. The 2nd floor was occupied by Sango, Miroku, Hiten, Ayame, Kagura and Kikyo and Inuyasha slept in the first floor.

Koga moved in his band equipment and asked permission to use the game room for practice with his band members Ginta, the bass player, Hakkaku, one of the guitarists, Muso, his drummer. Koga was lead guitarist and vocalist.

Kagome moved in her boxes but stuck with the habit of not unpacking them. She wasn't sure when the curse would kick in. She set up her bed and placed a few of her clothes in a dresser. She grimaced at the teeny pop song that her roommate blasted.

Sesshomaru didn't do anything but order his movers around as he tapped his blackberry and talked into his earpiece with someone important.

Kagome yawned and wiped her teary eyes as she pulled her leather hip-huggers up and placed a studded belt around her waist that revealed a tribal tattoo on the small of her back. In truth, she would rather wear fuzzy pajamas and a spaghetti stained t-shirt but for work she had to dress up if she wanted good tips. Only a small price to pay by degrading oneself. The weekly reward always made up for it. She buttoned her white blouse that was transparent and showed her lacey black bra.

"God, I'm such a whore." she looked at the mirror and shook her head. Oh well, a job is a job. She grabbed her long midnight hair and pulled it tightly into a high ponytail. The ponytail fell down to the small of her back and she proceeded to put some makeup on when there was a knock at her door.

"Hey.." Koga opened the door ajar. " Can I come in?"

Kagome looked back from the mirror with one eye darkened with eyeliner and the other natural.

"Sure..." she nodded and looked back at the mirror.

"Where ya goin'?" he asked.

"Work." she answered flatly. "Why?"

"Just wondering. My band mates are comin' and I wanted you to hear us play so you can give me your opinion since...you basically say what you think." he smiled.

"Oh." she smirked and grabbed her bag and checked her cellphone for its battery power. "What time are you guys playing?" she closed her cellphone and dropped it into her bag.

"around 10. That's the time they'll all be out of work and we can't really play after 12." he shrugged.

"I might be home by that time. It's Tuesday and the bar is usually slow so they might send me home by...9."

"Sweet. So, I hope to see you there." he said and he turned around. " Hey, what do you think of this place so far, too good to be true?"

"Oh yeah. I'm waiting for the cameras to come out and say 'just kidding!'" she laughed and buttoned her blouse to the top. She didn't want to send the wrong impression on her way to work.

Koga chuckled. " What do you think of our roommates?"

"Eh...they are Ok. I'm not really fond of this one next door." Kagome pointed towards Shurran's room. " Hojo is a trip with his bug obsession. As for the people on the second floor, I haven't gotten to know them really but I do think that Ayame might not like me." she said as she headed for her door.

"Why do you say that?" he asked and then remembered. " Oh wait, when you slammed the door in her face."

"Uh...yeah." Kagome tittered as she opened her door wide for the both of them and they got out. At that moment, Sesshomaru walked passed the room and gazed at the both of them and looked away as he went towards his room. Kagome and Koga both looked at each other and then shrugged. That didn't look right, Kagome thought. Me, dressed like this having a guy I barely know come out of my room.