Chapter 10 Grossberg Law Offices

(E/C) = Eye Color

Upon arriving at Grossbergs offices once again the receptionist greeted you, a smile evident on her face but you could tell she was still bored. She said a quaint welcome back as you and Phoenix passed her making your way to Grossberg's private office.

"So this is the place? It's even grander than I imagined" Phoenix thought aloud as he looked around the moment you pushed open the door to the office open.

"Well he certainly has quite a bit of money to burn" you sigh walking inside to sit on the nice leather couch(this seems to be a trend lately).

"No kidding"

There was a pause of silence between you both, not that you minded. A hum left your lips as you leaned back letting Phoenix look around while you took the time to get off your feet. Walking around all day made them hurt even in flats! But at least you weren't wearing heels anymore.

"Ah-HHHHEM!!!" A loud clearing of the throat boomed, echoing loudly in the room making you both visibly jump at the new voice. Your head whipped around as Phoenix's had, your yes wide your breathing heavy. It wasn't until you saw who it was that you relaxed, Mr. Grossberg, did he always have to be so dramatic? Hastily standing up you flattened out your blouse ignoring Phoenix still looking startled behind you.

"Ah! Mr. Grossberg I've been hunting you down all day" you flashed a professional smile, but you couldn't stop the thought from crossing your mind. Mr. Grossberg certainly was over the top clearing his throat. You didn't have to examine him in all honesty knowing just what you were dealing with, Phoenix on the other hand just stared at the large man finding he was just as grand as his office. This was the guy maya wanted?!

"Oh! Ms. (L/N)! What an honor! I've only just received word of you looking for me now!" Grossberg laughed heartily.

"U-uh that's right! We've been looking for you all day!" Phoenix found he just had to say something not wanting to stay silent any longer.

"Hmm...?" Grossberg looked to him his lips curling into the slightest smile. "That badge on your collar...? Ah! So you're a lawyer, are you now?" He leaned down almost peering over Phoenix, who seemed on the spot a nervous yes leaving his throat. How professional, but you had to admit Grossberg could be intimidating sometimes. "Well! What is it you both want to see me on? I'm not particularly busy these days! So out with it!" Grossberg let out another hearty laugh.

Something was odd though, your brows creased together the gears in your mind beginning to whirl around trying to find what was out of place. If he wasn't so busy why was he incredibly hard to reach this morning? You knew for a fact his offices had just opened when you had gone in to find him, most the time he'd of been in. Why had he not been here? And why hadn't the receptionist been able to reach him?

"Hmm? Something the matter? You came to see the one-and-only Marvin Grossberg, did you not? Well, here I am! What do you both want? Out with it!" You could tell suddenly he was growing impatient.

"W-well sir, it's- it's about Maya Fey" Phoenix stepped in taking his place beside you. His fingers brushed against yours as if he wanted to hold your hand, and if he decided to you wouldn't mention it(or complain for that matter). Grossberg looked pale, his skin a creamer white than normal at the mention of poor Maya, he seemed....nervous.

"Ah!....yes... Maya Fey, go on" why did he seem so nervous? You could tell he was, his eyes started to shift around, for a defense attorney he was never good at being calm sometimes. He was being strange that was for sure. "A-cha-cha! I'm really quite busy here, son..I can't go taking cases on a day's notice! No, it's quite impossible!" Wait how did he know he trial was tomorrow? You both hadn't said anything about it yet...