𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Jeongguk crossed the floor and his weak knees barked in protest. He picked up the bracelet and inspected it. There, on the side of one of the white beads, was an inscription. 'Tenebris'

 °•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Jeongguk woke to the sound of a train rolling past his window, its horn blaring loud enough to rattle his dresser

Jeongguk woke to the sound of a train rolling past his window, its horn blaring loud enough to rattle his dresser. He groaned and creaked his eyelids open to peer at the clock hanging from the wall. It was barely past seven in the morning, but Jeongguk could hear Jin bustling around in the kitchen down the hall.

It was then, when he was lifting his head off the pillow in an attempt to sit up, that he realized something was wrong. His neck was unbelievably stiff, and Jeongguk gasped in pain as he rolled his body over onto his back. The rest of his joints were just as affected, cracking as he tossed in the sheets. As Jeongguk struggled to get into a sitting position, he wondered what he'd done yesterday to put his body in such a state. Perhaps this was a side effect to walking on air with a beautiful Wizard's arm around your waist. He looked down as he tried pushing off the bed, and froze at the sight of his hands.

They were not his. Well, they must have been, they moved like his hands would, but these hands were gnarled and wrinkled and worn and old. Jeongguk choked and raised his hands in front of his face.

I'm dreaming.

He flung himself off the bed, ignoring the pain that shot through his limbs, and hobbled, hobbled, over to the mirror. An old man, no younger than seventy, stared back at Jeongguk. His face sagged with old skin and was as wrinkled as a discarded piece of paper and he had deep smile and frown lines around his mouth. His spine was hunched over, making him appear crippled as he pitched forwards. His hair was a shiny light gray, reflecting the sunlight inching its way through the window. But Jeongguk, even as he tried denying what was in front of him, could see his own eyes in the mirror, full of all the horror he was feeling in his soul.