∞ Chapter 3 ∞

First, sorrysorrysorry!

I know I said in my status I would update as soon as possible and the intention was to have it online within like 2 days.. I don't know how many it were in the end, like a week or something? So I'm sorry it took me so long, but here it is! So hopefully, enjoy!!

*****************

∞ Chapter three ∞

Life pretty much continued on like that. Sessions with Olivia were, well, useless really. She always had this obnoxious attitude, arms crossed tight over her chest, closed off, unwilling to tell me anything at all. Thing was, I’m not a quitter. So I told a lot of stuff about myself, hoping to earn enough trust that she would eventually tell me about her life as well. Until now, it didn’t seem to help.

I knew she was an awful person, she showed that pretty much with every chance she got, but for some strange reason I still want to help her. I didn’t want to turn my back on her, thinking she was hopeless. I couldn’t explain why, but I felt like I shouldn’t give up on her yet.  Well, maybe I did know why. The more I spoke to her, the more I certain I became that there was a reason for how she acted and me, being the idiot I apparently was, wanted to find out what it was. One of those moments was during the second session.

We were talking about life in general. I can’t even remember how we got to the subject, but she’d suddenly said, “What good gives this world, anyway? People murder each other for nothing, they lie, they manipulate, they hurt. All they do is cause pain. There is nothing to like.”

Her declaration had caught me off guard. Well, that was an optimistic thought. Ahum. “What about love?”

A bitter laugh had escaped her. “You believe in love?”

“Yes.” I wasn’t ashamed of that. I loved my family and friends. That went way deeper than just caring. And I was pretty sure I wasn’t the only one in that department.

She’d shaken her head. “Love is just a projection made by humans,” she declared like it was a fact. “It’s not real. They made it up to make it seem like they’re better than they truly are. That’s all there is to it. It’s an illusion.”

I thought about her words long after she’d left, intrigued by her way of thinking, but in the bad way. If that made any sense at all.

We fought occasionally, too. She was always snapping, so it was hard for me to always be friendly in return. During the third session, she stormed out of my dorm after I pushed her a little too far, but I didn’t go after her. Something told me she’d come back, and if she wouldn’t come back herself, what I was trying to do had no use at all and I vowed to myself I would leave her alone. Two days later, she knocked on my door again. She never apologized, just pretended it had never happened. So I did the same.

In a way it was strange. She seemed to hate me for making her talk to me and we’d fought several times by now, but she always came back. It was like she was so stubborn that she refused to break the deal we’d made even though she loathed it. The weirdest part was that after every time we fought, the dreams about the ghost played up again, telling me not to give up on her. That he kept disappearing the second I started talking was getting highly annoying. The fact that he only came after we fought had me convinced more and more every day that I had just made him up myself in my sub-conscious.

The good thing was that I had a lot of fun with the guys. They were exactly the distraction I needed to get my mind of that little frustrating girl with her obnoxious attitude. What also helped a lot was that the incident in the cafeteria was never mentioned by the guys again.