#6

Next Day

Charli pov

As soon as i wake up, i hear shouting, loud noises and plates smashing. I cover my ears and close my eyes, waiting for my mom and dad to stop. Eventually, it all ends with my dad storming out the house like he usually did after an argument and my mom coming to wake me up.

When she walks in, I pretend to be asleep and slower my breathing down to make it looks like im not awake. She sits on my bed and places a hand on my shoulder.
"Im so sorry for what happens in this house, I honestly can't stand it anymore"
She strokes my cheek and then sighs.
"We'll figure something out" i open my eyes and look at her.
"Let's hope"
—————————
About 20 minutes later, i get dressed, eat my breakfast and head off to school. This school was a lot bigger than the last one i went to. It has a lot more classrooms and activities to do, i might join a club. I shrug as i leave my thoughts and when i walk into school, i notice a huge crowd of students gathering up near one of the corners. I run to see whats happening and as soon as i get there, i see Daniel and some random kid fighting.
"Hey!" I shout over all the cheering and they both look over to me.
"Stay out of this" Daniel turns away from me and kicks the boy in the leg then storms off.

I look down at the boy and realise he's staring at me. I look away sheepishly and go off to find Daniel.
"What the hell was that?" I run over to him and grab his arm.
"He's a jerk, he deserved it"
"What did he do?" He looked at me and then i saw the anger in his eyes.
"He talked about my family! Not in a good way. He made me really mad" He clenched his fists stepped back.
"My mom's in hospital right now, she might die" I look over at him with pity.
"She'll be ok, yeh? I mean, I don't know what's wrong but im sure she'll be fine"
We hug and he breaks down, tears escaping his eyes.
"It's all gonna be ok..."