Prompt 2

In a world full of normal people, one person has the ability to see soulmates. For example, if the main character looks at a person and wants to know who that person's soulmate(s) is/are, they can will into existence a text box above that person's head that has the name(s) and birthdate(s) of their soulmate(s). Only the main character can see these text boxes and they are unable to see their own , even though methods like looking in the mirror. The story starts when they're already at least teenage and have decided to ignore their ability and have sworn off looking at the text boxes because A) They've seen too many cases where soulmates are born tens, hundreds, or even thousands of years apart, have names in different languages, are related, or even don't have a soulmate at all. B) They realize that the chances of soulmates actually meeting and getting together are one in a million. C) they've seen plenty of relationships between people who aren't soulmates that end up working out fine. At the same time, the main character has a very pessimistic view on dating themselves because they figure it's not worth it if their partner is not their soulmate. At some point, they meet someone who interests them in a funky way (ex: very good/bad first encounter, bumping into an acquaintance in the condoms aisle of a corner store, helping a stranger who's throwing up in a bar bathroom, pulling over to help someone with a flat tire, etc.). As the two characters continue to run into and meet each other, the main character starts falling in love. In an effort to keep that from happening, that decide to break their vow and look at their crush's name just to remind themselves that they were not meant to be together. However, when they look into the text box, they see their own name. 

   Possible choice of tone: Whimsical and sentimental, perhaps some Hurt/Comfort and/or Strangers To Friends and/or Friends To Lovers.

   *Note: When I came up with this, I thought that it led to more of a happy, romantic ending, however, it is all completely up to the creator.