249 27 7

                (   D'hahabi aesthetics    ↑  )

    A plethora of exquisite handmaidens and chamber maids crossed Sinbad's line of sight as he walked the columned hallways alongside his wife's brother, taking him around D'hahabi's oriental palace, while he, barely listening to what Negral explained to him, was way too distracted by foreign beauties casting him salacious glances. There went an invitation everywhere he looked; a sweet escape to this tedious official visit he wanted getting over with as quick as possible. However, with great power comes responsibility. D'hahabi was his now. Taking care of its political affairs and presenting himself as its new ruler was what he needed to do in order to gain full control over the kingdom.

"I appreciate your savoring the enchanting nature of our women." The deputy king chuckled cordially, light green eyes meeting golden ones in sincere amusement. "I will make sure your nocturnal needs are fully satisfied, Sinbad. Now however, I ask for your full attention. What I am about to tell you, is crucial knowledge of this country, you are now king of."

The silver-haired male's sudden change of attitude didn't go unnoticed by the Singularity. An elegant cough escaped Sinbad's lips before he refocused his attention on Za'nyah's younger brother; fiery eyes now dull and cold. "My attention is all yours, Negral. Please proceed."

His subliminal derision was devastating, his entire presence terrifying once one wasn't in his good graces. Negral tried hard to please his every whim, which proved nearly impossible.

"Please have a look at the temple to your left." He pointed his bejeweled hand at the horizon. "As you might know, the royal family and the people of D'hahabi worship ancient gods since the dawn of time. Worship is part of our culture." Negral explained carefully; pale green eyes locked onto the high king's. "The moon plays a huge role in D'hahabi's history, hence this temple you see is dedicated to our main deity, Suen, the god of the moon."

Sinbad glanced at the monumental temple tower looming over D'hahabi, wondering how a plain brick building would ever please an ancient deity. He, of course, did not have any interest in the occult, nor did he ever understood why people worship deities which were only a figment of their imagination, a collective to express an idea a certain group of humans believed in. Sinbad wasn't a religious man; he only believed in what he saw, was able to touch and feel. The palpable and explainable were the things he built his reason and logical thinking on, and not the belief in something irrational and unknown people considered a god or goddess because they were unable to explain a certain phenomenon.

"Though we, the people of D'hahabi worship many gods, Suen, or Nanna as others refer to him, is the primordial god of our culture. You see, Sinbad", Negral paused as he turned to fully face his sister's new husband, "the king of this country is considered Suen's mortal equivalent, and is worshiped as a god on earth. Malik was loved and venerated by the people — a beloved ruler, whose benevolence was his gift to his people. And indeed, he was a good king, who had died unexpectedly and way too young. But, I am sure you have the potential to follow in his footsteps and rule D'hahabi with the same wisdom and sense of justice he had."