Chapter 11

August p.o.v

I was in the middle of a showdown like Bruh I don't even know who this lady is but I assumed that she was bahjas twin considering they looked just alike and Bahja is just staring at her like she a damn devil or something "umm Bahja who is this?" she asked "why you need to know?" she scoffed "because I am your mother Bahja and you need to learn to respect me you--" "bitch please" I looked at Bahja shocked man if I ever said that to my mama I would never ever see another day she will put me 6 feet under quick maybe cuz my mama always hit me with that 'August I brought you in this world and I will take you out' she been telling me that since I was 6 I been scared of my mama ever since "Bahja-" "stop talking to me as a matter of fact you can get the hell out I don't even know who let you in here and I don't need to respect you what type of mother let's their boyfriend rape their daughter? you lucky I got away, what type of mother doesn't look for their daughter? I went straight to nique, most of all what type of mother tells their daughter they don't love her? bre and nique's families loved me you're a disgrace to me I hate you to the core and I always will but one thing you need to know is that you lost all my respect for you and it will never come back neither will trust" Bahja was in full tears as of now her mother was too she was about to leave until I stopped her "August what the--" "shut up Bahja now umm what's your name again?" "Shamra" "right sit down for me" she sat back down and Bahja glared at her "don't look at your mom like that now both of y'all listen I know this is none of my business but no mother or daughter should treat and talk to each other the way y'all do it's ridiculous Bahja what you said to your mother was uncalled for--" "August she-" "Bahja I don't give a fuck what she did the past is the past and you gotta let it go I know your mother prolly did some foul things to you maybe even some hurtful words were thrown but Bahja what you gotta understand is that your mother did it to protect you, it may not seem like it but that's what she did" "August how?" "You know what were gonna play doctor phill ok I'm dr.August and your the guest" they nodded "Bahja what's the man name?" "Joseph" "ok now how was Joseph treating you when he and your mom was together?" "he used to call me useless and he told me no one ever loved me he said I was stupid and ugly he always said he was gonna find a way to get rid of me forever and I was so young I never knew what he meant and as I got older he would start to beat me whenever he got the chance basically when my mom wasn't there or I came home early from school he would beat me all the time and then wait till I'm halfway dead to take me to the hospital and tell my mom something happened to me" she felt no emotion like it wasn't even hard for her to say this "now Shamra did you know any of this was happening?" she looked down "yes I did well I knew he called her names but I never knew he beat her" "and you didn't try and stop him?" "I couldn't stop him because he did the same thing to me whenever he got the chance I got beat I didn't have power over him he was too strong for me to stop him" "well I think you both owe each other an apology Shamra you start" "ok well I'm sorry for almost letting Joseph rape you I was stupid and we should've left when we had the chance I'm sorry for not looking for you when you ran away he wouldn't let me he said you deserved to die and he tied me up so I wouldn't get out, and most of all I'm extremely sorry for saying I don't love you Bahja I love you with everything In me you are my world, life and heart baby I'll always love you" "I forgive you I'm sorry to mom I had no idea" they hugged each other and were crying once they let go I started to speak "ok now dr. August is gone and August is back, are you still with Joseph?" "no I'm actually married to someone else now" bahja's whole face lit up "who?" "his name is Gerald and he's so much better he treats me like a queen we've been together 5 years now" Bahja squealed "I'm so happy for you" "thanks and thank you too August for helping me and Bahja" I smiled "hey no need to thank me it's my job" we talked for a while until a lightskinned girl with red hair walked in "hey mommy there's two girls out there named bre and nique and they're really weird can we go now?" "mommy?" Bahja said "umm yea Bahja meet your little sister Lourdes"

@BrendaDempsey i tried to make it long but I kind of wanna save some of the best parts for later in the book 😏😏😏