Chapter 2

Emerald’s P.O.V.

I stood outside my house, waiting for my father to pick me up. I’ve decided to stay with my step siblings. I thought, why not give it a shot? If it’s as lively as Papa says, it’s better to stay there than mope around all day.

A shiny silver Volvo stopped just infront of me and my father emerged from the car. He gave me hug before grinning brightly at me.

“Ready for the big move?” he asks.

“Yup.” I replied, popping the ‘p’.

“By the way, meet my fiancée. Dear, you can come out.”

A beautiful lady with faded blonde hair stepped out from the car and I gasped.

“M-Miwa-san?” I squeaked.

“Eh?” she looked surprised as well. “Emi-chan?” she then looked at my father. “Rintarou, why didn’t you tell me that your daughter was my Iori’s girlfriend?”

I giggled.

“Eh? Emi-chan, you have a boyfriend?” he looked at me.

I kept giggling. “Iie.” I then looked at Miwa-san. “I’m not Iori-kun’s girlfriend Miwa-san. We’re just bestfriends.”

“Honto?” she put a finger to her lower lip. “Hmm. Oh well~!” she approached me then gave me a hug and I returned the gesture. “I haven’t seen you for years Emi-chan. You’ve gone prettier since I last saw you. I’m so excited to have a cute stepdaughter~! She squealed.

Papa only scratched the back of his neck. “How did you two know each other?”

Miwa-san pulled back and smiled at her husband-to-be. “Like I said, she knows my Iori. They’re childhood friends. I used to drop Iori in their past house when he wants to play with her.”