Chapter Ten

The sun shines through the sliding glass door to the balcony, warming your skin and causing you to awake from your slumber. You lean up and stretch your arms, smelling something coming from your kitchen behind you. You rub your eyes and turn to see Scotty standing in the kitchen, cooking up some breakfast.

"Good morning!" He says when he notices you.

"Hey," your voice croaks.

"How do you like your eggs?"

"Scrambled, mixed with hashbrowns and put in a burrito,"

"I... I actually knew that, I don't know why I asked," Scotty laughs.

"You didn't have to make breakfast," You say. "I mean, thank you, but..."

"I know I didn't," Scotty slides the eggs and hashbrowns onto a plate. "I just wanted to," He shrugs.

"Thank you," You say, taking a tortilla and making a burrito out of the egg/hashbrown mixture. Scotty does the same and you two eat together, chatting casually.

Once you are done, you place the plates in the sink, planning on cleaning them later.

"I'm gonna go get ready for the day," You say.

"Alright, stay safe," Scotty replies.

"What? I'm literally just going to my room,"

"I know... just be safe in there, I don't know," Scotty and you laugh.

"Alright, babe," you mutter, heading down the hall and into your bedroom.

You grab a set of clothes for the day and take them into the bathroom. You turn on the shower and get undressed. You wash your hair and body, allowing the warm water to relax your muscles.

You step out and get dressed, do your hair, and apply some makeup before exiting the bathroom. As you are walking out, you check your phone for the first time that morning to see a few notifications, one of which from YouTube. You open the notification. You didn't know Scotty uploaded a video. You read the title, "MY SECRET RELATIONSHIP". What the fuck? You click on the video.

The video opens with footage of Zane talking to Erin on the couch. It seems they're unaware they're being filmed, or maybe they were, you can't really tell.

"Yeah, I know they're together, but it's wack that they're trying to keep it a secret from us. Like, they're so obvious about it," Zane says.

"Oh yeah," Erin responds, "they're cute and all, but it's getting ridiculous,"

"Yeah," Zane nods.

The video suddenly cuts to a scene possibly from David's vlog. He definitely recorded it, but you don't remember it ever making it in the vlog. In it, David is talking to Scotty.

"So, you two aren't together?" David says.

"Okay... I'm not saying we are, but," Scotty pauses, avoiding looking at David or the camera, "we've been on a few dates recently, and..."

"So, you're together,"

"I mean... yeah? We haven't really--"

The video cuts again, this time to the footage of you and Scotty when you confessed your feelings and David caught it. David thrusts the door open to reveal you and Scotty kissing in Natalie's room.

"Whoa!" David says. Scotty and you pull away... you all know what happened here, but it's cut out before you and Scotty explain anything.

The video cuts again, this time, it's a bit you had shot for David's vlog nearly a year before, but he never used it. In it, Scotty and you pretend to hook up to get back at one of your exes. The video ends after that clip.