Taught

At a very young age, we were taught to love ourselves, to never let words get to us, but as we got older those who taught us these things are the same ones who turn against us as we get older.  They are the ones who turned away when we were low on ourselves because they didn't want to deal with such a problem. Yet they themselves are the ones that caused the problem in the first place.

    When we were young we were taught that no matter what, no matter what people say we were beautiful.  Then once again as we got older those that taught us this statement are the ones that judged us based on our appearance. They judged us for our clothes, hair, body shape, body weight, etc. As we got older we got less beautiful in their eyes.

    When we were younger we were taught to always be ourselves no matter what people said, but when we tried to be ourselves we were shunned. We were told we weren't good enough. Nothing was good enough because being yourself means conforming to their dreams and their expectations. If we were to not follow that rule we were "imperfect" and there was "something wrong with us" we were never perfect.

    We were never perfect or beautiful. They taught us that at such a young age hoping that one day we would be what they want us to be, but as we got older and became ourselves they turned on us because we weren't good enough. We were never good enough and we will never be good enough. Isn't it funny? Isn't funny how those who claimed to love us leave us when we don't become the person they wanted to be. We tried so hard to get those people back, to be the person they wanted but that always ended up failing, correct? That is simply because we are not perfect and never will be perfect. We will never be beautiful we will stay ugly till the day we pass away. Our personality will never be good enough and neither is our talents. They don't matter.

you don't matter

to them

no one will tell you the truth so I will. You don't matter to them. it may hurt to hear that but it is the truth. You will never be good enough for them. You are not good enough you never will and you never were. They don't care because you weren't what they wanted you to be. They never cared about you and they never will because that is their choice their personality and their character. They don't want you but you want them because your whole life you depended on them.

You would cross the ocean for them but they wouldn't even step in a puddle for you.

You would sacrifice your life for them but they wouldn't even sacrifice an hour for you.

We all know these feelings we've all felt the pain of rejection.

You were always there for them yet it feels like they left you in a snap.