The man at the coffee shop

I'm going to be late! Darn. I should have checked my alarm before I sleep. Now, Ms. Otto will surely won't let me in. And for that, she will only let me unless I make an excuse letter that is signed by the Dean. Sometimes I hate her for that, but I cant deny the fact that she is one of the good Clinical Instructors I've ever had.

I'm a typical nursing student, who's aiming to be one of the best nurse in the country. I don't have much to show but I do have everything with regards to brain and beauty.

I have friends and they are all taken, except for Pette. Sometimes we only get to see each other at school or when we study at the coffee shop.

My friends: Rina is one of the matured type, Jean is the sexiest and the richest, Pette the mediocre and sometimes my lunch buddy.

"hey, Lila where have you been?" Ask Pette, sitting beside Rina who's been reading her notes.

"My alarm died. So, what did I missed?" I ask smirking. "Well, not much. She just gave us some assignments".. Pette said with a serious tone. "That I wish I could finish before my boyfriend gets back from his trip and I wont be able to go out if I dont" Rina added.

And I laugh of how her face changed.

"So, are we going to the coffee shop today? " Pette asks. Jean pass by "Hey, I'd love to, but I have other plans".. "That's okay, I'll be there but I still have to check on some books at the library." I sigh.

"Yes, sure we'll wait for you there".

I went to the library hoping I could find the latest Kozier & Erbs book. I was panting, I really need that book. Sighing, a guy in the Info desk was smiling and so I smiled back. He said "Can I help you?".

This guy is weird but I find him nice. So I told him what I have been looking for and so he help me up.

"Thanks, if you only knew I have been dizzy looking for it. And it's just right under my nose.".

I laugh bashfully. "Thats okay, it happens".
"Thanks again, got to go!".

I went to the coffee shop panting. I saw Pette reading, Rina was talking to someone on the phone. "Hey, what did I missed"?.

"Well, not much. So, did you find what you have been looking for at the library?".

"Yep, the library boy helped me. No sweat at all!".

"Thats good. So, lets start with our homework and maybe you should start writing down our notes."

He's laughing trying to mock me.

"Ohmygosh Pette, do something with your hand writing I cant even read it."

"Maybe we should start ordering before anything else?!". Now Rina is talking. "Yeah, Pette please the usual". "Okay!"

Its getting late and everyone is warming up. I feel tired so I sit up straight and stare at the wall. I know someone is staring at me. I look around to see if its not me but im pretty sure it was him.

The guy was wearing white, dark hair, clean cut, not much of a macho but he has that thing. He smiles and went back to reading. I just stare at him blankly not knowing why is he starig at me.

I went back to my assignment. "I should go now, I have to be home early". Rina cleaning her table. "Okay, then be careful going home". Pette and I kissing her cheeck.

"Now its just you and me now,Pette! "
"Yeah, same old night!"

Its almost midnight and im all done with my homework and my notes. And so I told Pette that I should going home.