Chapter 1🦋

When I see you again......

July 21st
Dallas, Texas

Onika weeped as she heard about the scary and unexpected  news. It felt as if her heart was about to stop. It felt as if she had lost her soul or her other half of her heart. Never in a million years she would've thought this would happen to her. Here she was in her living room with all her loved ones surrounded around her as they quietly weeped with her. She kept on replying the events that happened from last night and the words that came out of the doctor's mouth this early morning.

"She's gone, Mrs. Knowles.... We couldn't save her, I'm so, so sorry." The words of the doctors' kept replaying in her head.  She really couldn't stop it replaying in her head, it was like a broken record. After all these years being with her, making love to her, having a family together with her, she was then gone. Just like that. Gone. Dead. Never coming back again....

She didn't even get to spend the last  hours... actually... weeks, with her wife. It's been weeks since she'd seen Beyoncé. Beyoncé being a Undercover FBI  Agent, Onika knew that some nights she wouldn't be able to see her loving wife come home to her but as long as she knew she was safe, it made Onika feel relieved. But for the past few weeks, Beyoncé hadn't been coming home at all.

Even though every night Beyoncé would still call her or facetime her, it still made Onika feel uneasy and even stressed out since Onika just gave birth to her second newborn son. Beyoncé didn't even get to meet her newborn son, only over facetime call which didn't feel the same. She couldn't get to hold him, kiss him, spoil him, show him love and affection before even dying...

The son she'd always been wanted to have since forever was finally here but she didn't even get the chance to be here with him. Instead she was up there looking down on him. The past weeks have been hell for Onika, with delivering their healthy baby boy without Beyoncé being there, to having to take care of both their 4 year old daughter and newborn son alone and now, hearing the loss of her one and only lover.

It was horrible. She felt broken now that her other half is gone. Somebody she'll never be able to talk to or kiss on anymore. Onika's mother rubbed her back softly as she listened to her daughter cry her eyes out. Carol indeed felt truly sorry for her daughter's loss. She knew how much Onika loved and cared for Beyoncé. Carol couldn't bear to know the pain her youngest daughter was going going through.

As the hours passed by, everybody else began to get ready to go back home. Everybody kissed Onika goodbye, telling her to keep her head or that they're sorry for her loss. None of which was making Onika feel any better but all she did was simply nodded. Her main best friends, Amber and Megan gave her the longest, tightest hugs she had ever received.

Onika hugged back Megan, deeply inhaling her scent while her arms were tightly around her. The tall brown skin girl smiled as she rubbed Onika's back. "Wipe them tears ladybug, we're all here for you," Megan whispers in her ear.

She did the same with Amber also, inhaling jer vanilla scent. The light skin, blonde smiled sweetly while giving her a kiss on her forehead. Not much was said afterwards letting the girls leave out the house. Soon the house now was empty leaving only Onika and her mother alone.

"Come on Ladybug, let's go find you something to eat," Carol says using Onika's favorite nickname. She earned that nickname from her obsession with ladybugs when she was a child. She remembered her childhood bedroom having ladybug pictures all over  her walls, her sheets were red and black, half of her clothes were either red or black, or red and black. She even had a ladybug theme birthday party when she turned 8 years old.