Chapter 6🐝✨

August 30th, Saturday
Dallas, Texas

The long week was finally over as the weekend entered. Like Onika said, she made sure Brooklyn's friends came over for a little playdate. Not only was Brooklyn's friends over but so was Onika's friends. They were all relaxing in her big backyard, watching their little girls play in the pool while having a little drink. It was days like this Onika needed, it made her forget about all the stress she was dealing with.

"I'm so glad you girls are here," Onika says. "Being around you guys makes me feel like my normal self again she says to Amber, Megan, Lauren, Cynthia, and Cardi. These were her main friends, people she's been fucking with heavy and go way back with.

They all had children, in fact daughters, except for Megan who was still living her "Single" life. It was nice having them in her life, they were more like her sisters and their friendship is very healthy. No toxic or messy drama gets in between them.

"Aww Ladybug," Cynthia started. "I'm glad we're all here too, you know, I needed to be around you guys as well, I've been feeling so overwhelmed with my job. Being a ER Nurse, is no joke."

"Girl I feel you on that one, I did it for a full 2 months," Nicki said. "Couldn't handle it. Never again."

"And the shift hours are crazy. Most days I gotta do a 12 hour shift, not fun at all. It's tiring as fuck," Cynthia said.

"You know, since we've all been stressed the fuck out, how bout' we go on a little vacation one of these days," Lauren suggested.

"I thought our next trip was going to be the ski trip," Cardi butted in.

"Actually in fact it was, let's just wait for that one. I still need more time to get my self together," Onika said.

"Yea Ladybug, we understand," Amber said nodding her head.

"So how has things been with you?" Cynthia asked.

Onika sighed as she shook her head. So far things just been all over the place, like she said, she hadn't been herself for a while and was planning on seeing a therapist soon. "I don't even know, each day that passes by, I feel more and more depressed," Onika answered.

"Oh no," Cynthia sadly said.

"Girl, I told you, you could always hit our line or come to us if you need somebody to talk too," Cardi said.

"I know, but some days I really don't wanna bother yall," She says.

"Bother? We're your best friends and even sisters there's no such thing as you "bothering" us. We all gotta be there for each other that's what best friends do!" Megan says as all of them agreed with her.

"I know but," Onika began as she sighed. "Some days I just feel like staying to myself."

"No mama, it's not good to bottle up your emotions like that, we tell you all the time if you need anybody to talk to just call one of us," Cynthia said.

"Ok," Onika says softly. "Also, since I've been feeling so depressed, I've decided to go see a therapist soon."

"Ok, that's not bad," Lauren says shaking her head in agreement.

" Yea that's not bad at all," Megan said as well.

"We just want you to stay healthy and be on the right track in life," Cynthia said. "You got 2 kids to take care of and be there for them. Now is the time they really need you."

"Yea I know so that's exactly why I'm gonna go see a therapist," Onika says. "I just wanna be happy at least again and be a good mother to my children. I really don't want this to death bring me down."