Prologue

The night was low and warm. Some fireflies flew towards the crystal clear night sky to become one with the stars.
Crickets and frogs gave its concert near the lake to greet the moon Who spend its silver light through the dark night.
Even if it seemed so peaceful, for xena were the nights the worst. She refused to sleep, not able to find peace and rest in her slumber, since she broke off with her friend Gabrielle.
After Gabrielles betrayal, Xena couldn't allow herself to keep this woman, Who had lied into her face, around her any longer.
She didn't just lied, she destroyed her deep trust and love for the girl who pleaded to take her with the warrior and teach her everything she knew. Maybe she was wrong.
The brunette considered after this it were better to stay alone than getting manipulated by someone who gains your trust and use your flaws against you in the next moment.

The light of the fire danced on the warriors face the only that brighted a little up but still it couldn't reach her heart.

" these are real dark thoughts, don't you Think?"appeared a dark voice behind the warrior princess Who didn't even cared about it " what do you want Ares " she said tired not in the mood to fight against the god of war. The good looking immortal sat Down next to her and looked at the motionless face of his favorite " to tell you to get up and fight. I told you, you'll pay the price for that always wanting to help, saving innocent and paying attention to the ones you can hurt you harder than your worst enemy. "

" my son is dead you son of a bitch!" She growled at him, feeling the rage and hatred running throw her veins again

" and tell me Who is responsible for that hmm? If you had listen to me maybe this never happened. I know you feel miserabel but now its time to get up and showing the world what you can do. Showing her what happens to the one Who dares to betray you" with that the god disappeared again and left the warrior alone again.

Somehow his words made sense again and she needed to do something about this she would set an example and Gabrielle would be just perfect for that. Right in the morning she would look for her, but now she needed to rest and lay Down trying to get a bit sleep and strength for her Mission to kill the one who betrayed her.