Home sweet Home

Amphipolis was already asleep when a warrior arrived at her hometown. She brought her horse into the stable, took saddle and the Bridle off and shouldered her bags on her back and walked into the house she knew so Well that she could walked around with her closed eyes. It felt always good to come home even when everyone was asleep, but it wasn't that bad, her mother would notice her daughters homecoming soon enough and wouldn't stop asking her questions. So she could be on her own  a bit more until she had to face her mother and explaining her what she  might wouldn't like. But at this moment she was thankfully for the time she was alone for a while to rest and rethink about the precious events.

The crimson was still lighten when Xena stepped closer and watched the light of the dancing flames that couldn't reach her already darkening heart and she could feel it. But it wasn't what she wanted, she thought her dark side was buried but it all seemed that it was coming back and there was no way out to escape this time. Again she had to suffer  a loss of her family and nothing could sooth the Pain or heal her obvious reopened scars. There was no one to save her this time and she was looking for somehow for help in her old home where she grew up and lived happily at first and she was thinking that she maybe can have this again with her mother, yes she was giving up her way of redemption and trying to settle Down.

The warrior was shaking her head the longer she stared into the flames the more she was thinking she could see gabrielles Image in the fire with her honey blonde hair waving in the Wind. A shivering breath escaped her lips and she turned her back to the crimson, grabbed her bags sword and walked slowly upstairs to the bedrooms.

With a soft familiar squealing when Xena opened the door she stepped into her old room where she was living as a kid, she dropped her weapons and bagage and flopped on her comfy bed. She stared at the ceiling, folding her hands over her chest but her mind didn't want to be quiet. Happy flashbacks of her and the bard crossed her thoughts what it made even harder for her to find some sleep so she got up again and sat Down on the window pine staring at the dark lonesome streets that was used by some single villagers

" can't sleep hmm?" Said a familiar deep voice behind the dark haired woman who spun her head around and narrowed her ice blue eyes on the god of war

" you...! " was the only thing Xena could say towards the immortal. She could feel that every fibre of her body extented, even her fist tightened by the presents of this male god

" always so stressed when you see me " he mocked a little while he crossed his extremly muscled arms over his leather vest

" Stressed? No i'm disgusted" she hissed at him and raised an eyebrow while he slowly approached the beautiful warrior who just straightened her back while the god was coming closer and her sharp comment just amused him

" i persume you are still angry with me hmm? " he purred gently and stretched out a hand to her but Xena just stepped backwards and rejected his try to touch her. Ares sighed desperatly and lowered his hand again " you aren't make it easy for me huh?"

Xena frowned even more while her right eyebrow raised a bit more in distrust " easier? Why should i make it  easier for you?! Where's the fun then?" A little provoking smile appeared on her lips " i haven't changed my mind i won't coming back not now not tomorrow. Not in hundred years.. " she pointed out but didn't let the god of war unwatched

oh yes he couldn't denying it. He loved her thickhead but it also drove him crazy " and what do you want here ? I don't think you just came here to have a little chit chat with one of your favorites or did the great god of war sank that low of boreness that he has to bother a simple mortal in the middle of the night ?" Her comment were full of mockery. No one ever dared to challenge one of the olympian gods or disrespect them like she did and that was so fascinating about Xena. Thats why he was fascinated about her. Not mention of her brilliant skills as a warrior and her incredible beauty. Yes she was something special that was clear but sadly she despited him.