Chapter one

'I'm home', I say when I walk into the apartment. As far as I know, Jordan is already back from work. I put my bag on an empty chair and walk back to the coat rack. I untangle my shoelaces and put them aside. As I walk to the couch I notice some yellow paper on the table, it's a sticky note with a message from Jordan, "I had an awful day at work, will tell you later. I'm at the bar now drinking my feelings away (I know it isn't the solution), I won't be home early. Cook yourself a meal and don't wait for me to get home!". So he went to the bar, okay, then I will have to eat alone. Maybe I can watch a movie after that! I pick up the note and throw it in the trashcan. 'let's see what we have', I open the fridge and look for something to make myself. Here I found another note, a quarter of a normal sheet of paper this time, "I accidentally dropped your lactose-free milk, and I couldn't find another one any second, so I bought you this almond-milk. Hope it's okay!". Almond milk doesn't have the greatest taste, but for making a meal it's good enough. I laugh because of this note and throw it away. I grab the milk and try to figure something out to cook with it. As I'm tired of my working day, I can't come up with something good so I put the milk back and grab my phone. I call the pizza delivery service and in a few minutes, the pizza arrives. After I'm done eating it, I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, pick up my phone and walk to the couch. I let myself down on the couch and put on the tv. There is nothing interesting to see, so I open Netflix to watch my favorite series. Five minutes in, I come to the thought that I forgot to make myself something to drink. I pause the tv and give myself a motivation speech to go to the kitchen. I don't want to go that extra step to the fridge, so I'll just go on with water. I walk back to the couch and set the glass of water on the table beside it. When I just sit on the couch again, I'm thinking of having some popcorn or chips too. Without the motivation to go to the kitchen again, I remain sitting and just go back to watching the series. I make it so comfortable as possible, and grab my super soft blanket from beside me. As I cuddle myself against the evening-cold, I begin to doze.