19

Seth stood with Renee and Roman.

"April's in the ICU now."

"But she's gonna be okay! Right?" Renee said holding onto hope.

"I don't know, it's not looking good." Seth said looking down.

"She's gonna come back and wrestle and we're gonna see her everyday." Renee said.

Roman sighed, "So Dean knows about this too."

Seth nods, "He was with me."

+*

Dean looks down at his phone and the text he just received.

I want cakes.

+*

Dean walked into April's room avoiding eye contact.

"Hey! You saw me at an awkward moment the other day, sorry about that."

Dean looked down.

"Hey! Don't come in here with your sad energy! You're gonna make me sad." Her eyes traveled to the bag in his hand, "Let's eat outside."

"We can't."

"Please! Please! Please!"

Dean finally gave in and she smiled, "Let's go!"

+*

Dean carried April up the steps and she had his hoodie wrapped around her for the cold November day.

"Have you been practicing?"

Dean shook his head, "I have not."

"I can tell."

"Promise me, you won't leave me. You won't leave me like everyone else. Promise. I'm gonna be all alone."

She looked at him as they reached the roof, "It's snowing!"

He placed her down on a bench and she smiled at the snow falling around them.

"You're not gonna be alone, Dean. You have me."

He looked at her and she smiled.

"I'm going to have surgery. I'm going to get better. I'm going to perform with you. My surgery is going to happen right after TLC, I made sure of it."

Her dull eyes had the slightest sparkle in them, enough to make Dean believe the words she said.

"You're looking down. I told you, don't look down. Look at me."

He had his back to her and that's when she stood up.

"Look at me."

He turned around to see her, shocked to see her standing up. Her legs didn't hold up for long as she fell to the floor and into Dean's arms.

"Dean, you made me so fixated on living. There's so much about you I don't know. There's so much I want to know. I don't wanna die. Don't leave me all alone." She cries as she grips onto his shirt.

+*

Dean stood in the ring after his match, the last match of the night. He lost the title and he knew April was watching.

He said his last goodbyes to the WWE. He went on a long speech about the business as WWE went off the air.

And that's when April with tears in her eyes, picked up her pen.