ix.

ix • nine

"i just thank
for the life, for
the day, for the
hours and another
life breathing."

・゜・。。・゜

in front of him stood the boy he once loved, the boy who sat in his mind for the entirety of the night, weaving broken promises and painful traces of skin into the crevices of his canvas. this time, he did not look past him as if he was transparent. his presence was truly there, and he had never felt closer to him than ever before.

"where have you been?"

"everywhere and nowhere."

"did you miss me?"

"every day."

they wasted no time, as time was as delicate as an untouched flower, and it slipped past their eyes deceitfully.

their limbs tangled with one another until they became one, numbing skin against scorching, arms embracing each other and holding tightly as if they were afraid to let go. he had missed the feeling of his soft, blond hair in between his fingers, and the nostalgic aroma of fresh pineapples emitting from the blanched locks. he had craved his touch so badly that it pained him to think about ever departing from his grasp again. he never tore his shattered eyes from his lover's, a loose seam inside him threatening to rip apart if he ever dared to.

          his eyes were glossed over with tears - tears of glee, tears of pleasure, tears of pain. he had been longing for this day ever since the first encounter, and he was more than exuberant to have finally experienced it after an agonizingly long while.

and for the first time in all of eternity, the constellations in the sky aligned, casting their blinding light onto the two lovers.