chapter 1

Lourdes' POV

My dad and mom were in another fight. They bicker and bicker until my mom takes a stand and tells him to get out. He's always the one who starts the fights in the first place, blaming my mom for cheating, and doing so many other things that she never did. He's the one who comes home drunk all the time. I love my dad, but sometimes I think he should cool it.

Its been hard trying to stay positive when every night I'm awaken by glass being thrown at something. I wish that I could disappear, but I can't. So I stay curled up in my crimson red sheets, waiting for the front door to slam closed and once it finally does, I close my eyes and let the darkness consume me.

TIME SKIP

I wake up at 5:30 to my alarm telling me its time for school. Great, 3 hours of sleep, that's the longest I've slept in a while. Why can't they just get along? I really want to sleep sometimes. I don't want to get out of bed, but I know I have to. I get out of the comfort of my sheets and go to my shower. I turn on the hot water as high as I can stand it, I let it run down my body and loosen my muscles.

About 30 minutes later I climb out of the shower and wrap my body and hair in towels. I head out into my room and find an outfit I like. Gray ripped jean shorts, fishnets, and a red shirt tucked into my shorts. By the time I'm done getting dressed it's 6:15, so I take the time to straighten my hair and put on natural looking makeup.

"Lourdes, It's time for school," my mom yells from downstairs.

"Coming," I yell back while grabbing my backpack, keys, and a black beanie.

I throw open my door and run down the stairs.

"Goodbye mom," I state after kissing my moms cheek and grabbing an apple.

I run outside before she can respond and jump into my matte black BMW. It's time for hell, I mean school.