chapter 6

Lourdes' POV

3 MONTHS LATER

It's official. My mom and dad are legally divorced. Over the past 3 months my dad has rarely been at the house, and when he has he wouldn't look at me at all. I've been struggling lately, I know you probably think that I should be glad my alcoholic dad is leaving, but I don't like the feeling of not having a dad at all. I've known that when he moves out for sure that I'm never gonna see him again. And I was right.

He hasn't called, texted, shown up anywhere. It's starting to worry me, what if hes out drunk somewhere and dies? I do hate him, but it's to an extent. I don't want him to die. No matter what he'll still be my dad and even through all the things hes done, there's always gonna be that emptiness to where he once was.

I do miss him. The old him at least. The one who would come home from work trips with gifts for mom and I, but when he started drinking he lost his job and blamed it on us. I don't know what goes through his mind, or why he started drinking, maybe he wasn't happy with my mom, or maybe he was trying to fill in a hole of someone. I'll never know.

He did mean something to me, but now all he meant to me was being able to watch more Supernatural with Ruby. I really wish I could meet them all that would lighten my mental state.

"LOURDES!" I hear my mother scream from down the stairs, breaking me from my thoughts.

"YES MAAAA!" I yell back shuffling my feet to the door so I could hear her better.

"CAN YOU COME HERE?" she yells back, and I hear the shuffling of 2 pairs of feet.

Huh. I wonder who's here?