Chapter 5

Betty's POV.

If only one good thing came from Horace's abuse it's my son being so caring to anyone he sees that happen to anyone now. When I got on the bus they were passed out in his bed. It was almost noon so I decided I would mess with him some to get him up.

"Tim!"

"Huh?"

"Can't keep your hands to yourself?"

"What?"

"You're engaged!! I never have this issue with your sisters! You just HAD to be a boy!"

"Oh! You think? NO! Look. We are both FULLY clothed!"

I couldn't help but laugh at how red his face was.

"I know you didn't do anything. She wouldn't seem so comfortable if you had tried something right after she got raped. Go get ready I'll talk to her when she wakes up."

"Can you send her out in a little bit? I have something for her!"

I nodded as he ran off. He looked back multiple times. I know that look, he's starting to like her. Thank goodness they are dropping her off tomorrow before that can become anything else and ruin his engagement!

Tim's POV.

I waited for what seemed like hours for my mom and Faith to finish talking. I spent the entire time keeping people away from the bus so she didn't become the next tabloid rumor.

"What'd you need Tim?"

"Come with me, I'll show you!"

"I really don't want people seeing me like this... Bruises still look bad and I'm sure I look awful."

"You look fine! Please just come with me? I know it'll make you feel better!"

"Ok.. Ok. Where are we going?"

"I promised I'd let you meet George."

"You want me to meet George Strait looking like this?!!"

"I told you, you look fine! He's not that kind of person either." I grabbed her hand and practically drug her with me.

He knew I was going to bring her backstage so I introduced them quickly and got out of the way. I'm feeling pretty sick and I really don't want to get the headliner sick!

She ran back and threw her arms around almost knocking me over.

"Thank you so much!!! I love him!!"

"You're welcome. Anything else you need? I'm going to go back to the bus."

"I'm good. You alright?"

"Just don't feel too great. I think it was something I ate."

"You've helped me, let me return the favor. You go lay down. I'll get you ginger ale. I think I've got some medicine in my purse."

"You sure? I know you don't feel good either. I can try to sleep it off."

"I'm positive! I've been looking for ways to repay you. Just go rest."

I was pretty sure being stubborn wouldn't do anything so I laid down trying to ignore the pain I was in and hoping that my fiancé didn't show up and yell at Faith for helping me feel better.