Chapter 2

Kira POV

No one seem to move after Andrew uttered the names of the intruders, unable to handle the silence and possible dramatic effect I blurted out " Ok, can someone explain what the hell is going on?" everyone seem to snap out of their trance like state before Andrew cleared his throat before casting a glance at the trio and keeping his gaze on me "Kira, I don't know if you remember but you weren't the only one who was granted ability over a certain element" I stared at him in surprise before my eyes looked over to them for a minute but Andrew got the message as he sighed and nodded "yes, these trios are like you, they managed to survive and can control an element. From memory" Andrew pointed at the ravern hair boy first, then the brown haired boy and lastly the girl "Leo, here can control air, Corey can manipulate earth and Willow can control water" Andrew gave a large sigh before seemingly mumbling to himself "Last time I saw them, I couldn't save them" Leo looked at Andrew sympathetic but didn't do anything to comfort him, instead his hazel eyes seem to lock onto my still red eyes "I'm guessing this girl, Kira can control fire" Andrew nodded before taking several large steps until he was standing in between us.

"Please Leo, tell me what happened to you, corey and Willow on the day that I couldn't save you"

Leo only let out a choked sigh before sharing a look with Willow and Corey, I can see that they eyes held nothing but sadness and fear, needless to say how obvious it was that they don't want to talk about the past that they were trying to forget but out of possible respect or friendship toward Andrew, Leo looked back at us before sitting down on the grass and gesturing for the rest of us to follow. I stood there, not sure what to do since I'm not really part of this "happy reunion" I was going to leave but Leo saw me attempting to walk away "Where are you going? You are  apart of this now, whether you like it or not" he said it in a joking yet stern way, I never knew anyone can do that. Now that everyone's eyes were on me and expecting me to sit, I had no choice but to do so.

Once Leo saw that everyone present was sitting, he looked at Andrew before starting to explain "Well, after the government officials and police stormed and trashed Area 81, Corey, Willow and I quickly ran towards the door but somehow they knew that we were different than the rest, ignoring the rest they only targeted us", the moment after Leo said that my head started to hurt, it was like something was coming back to me but my brain couldn't comprehend it, Andrew looked at me in worry as my vision started getting blurry until I finally lost consiousness. The last thing that greeted me were the worried faces that surrounded me.

Why was it that at this present moment,Leo, Corey and Willow look so familiar to me?

I saw nothing but darkness, I didn't know what I was waiting for but I couldn't help but think that something important was going to happen. Just when I let my guard drop, like a fire blaring to life, images started to flood my view and cover the overwhelming darkness that once took over. Looking through the different images that passed by me, I realised that these were my memories. Only some of them didn't look familiar. One specific picture caught my attention out of the rest, it was a picture of me when I was young except I was standing next to 3 other people, getting I closer look I couldn't recognise them properly, I also didn't realise that I was leaning to close to it, when I did realise I was sucked into the image and the darkness seemed to dance merrily once the images disappeared after me before I blacked out once again What is this? reverse inception?!

"Kira! Wake up!" I turned away from the noise only to be shaken awake, sunlight streamed from the window onto my blue eyes, giving a small yawn I turned my neck only to see a boy that looks like a younger version of Leo?

"What's going on?" I asked innocently only to be greeted by a face filled with anger "did I say something wrong?" I thought as the guy gave me a look

" Don't be stupid Kira, we all planned to leave this god forsaken place tonight. Remember, you were the one that said let's leave Area 81" now it was my turn to be shocked, leave Area 81? I mean I really want to but how come I don't remember this? Many thoughts ran through my head that I didn't pay attention to anything but I was snapped out of my trance for a minute when I heard a loud explosion that shooked the ground and  Leo's frightened face as polices surrounded the area. 

"Come on idiot, Willow and Corey are waiting for us. We have to escape!" Leo pulled me up and literally dragged me to his friends. when we finally reached Willow and Corey, they both exhaled when they saw us, sounds of gun shots filled the air as we all blocked our ears and hurried towards the open door. Fire broke out and screaming can be heard, I can feel my legs burning from running, the door was still a few metres away, few metres away from freedom but then one of the beams supporting the base fell down in front of me, throwing myself back I narrowly missed it but I was separated from the rest.

Leo, Willow and Corey all shared a concerned look as they tried to help me but I seem to have lost control of my actions as I shocked my head " Go! Run away before they catch us! I'll be fine, I'm the master of fire remember?" words flew out of my mouth before I can register them, seeing them share a look they all started running towards the door. Instead of feeling the pain of being abandoned, I only felt a rush of relief and happiness. 

I can only watch as my body seem to ignore me, I was wondering around as if I was looking for something. I found myself outside an isolated room deep in the base, the remaining scientists were talking frantically, I managed to catch some of the words they said

"What do we do? What if the government gets them before we can do anything!"

"Calm down, we created puppets and tricked them into thinking we have more"

"To think, our greatest creation, an embodiment of fire, water, earth and wind, perfected at last only to be wrenched away from us"

"Don't be foolish, if we kill those 4 then everything is fine. If we can't have them, no one can"

Anger was all I felt as I jumped in front of them, taking them by surprise I produced fire and burned them, leaving the room as they screams filled the room, ignoring the fact that I was now a murder I continue to find my way out. However, I was then crushed by the falling derby that broke my spine, I couldn't burn it so I only accepted death and stayed there. I didn't know how long I've been there but I noticed that more derby were falling and burying me. 

I finally realised what is going on, this is a memory of the day that Area 81 was destroyed but it wasn't how I remembered it. But I'm sure this is what really happened. Shutting my eyes in pain, I realised a cry for help, hoping for anyone who stared behind, my cries was answered by the sound of hurried footsteps and a deep male voice "Don't worry! I'm going to save you!" I felt the weight of the derby start to decrease as I forced myself to catch a glimpse of my savior, the familiar face of Andrew greeted me before I finally gave it and let darkness take over