xix

Time had passed by rapidly and soon spring was approaching once again. With a new year, came new resolutions.

Haneul had finally finished college course and as promised, was now working at the Hotel Del Luna. It was everything she had hoped for. Sure it was a bit stressful at times but it's nothing she didn't already expect.

Haneul was sat in a small room, her hair pulled up into a neat bun. Her hair had now grown longer, her brown roots growing out while the ends remained a black colour creating a cute dip dye. Everything had changed.

"You should eat! It's your lunch break." Shuhua scolded, her voice booming out through the speakerphone.

She was currently on a video chat with Shuhua and Elkie during her short lunch break. They had grown quite close over the time and even taught her some Chinese which had come in very handy sometimes when guests couldn't speak korean.

"Well you guys should eat too, we can mukbang together." She joked as they laughed in unison.

Haneul got up, disappearing briefly before reappearing once again with a small tray. She sat down, lifting the lid off the container to reveal freshly steamed rice.

"I forgot the kimchi!" Haneul gasped, running back over while Elkie and Shuhua laughed once again at her forgetful nature.

"How's promotions going?" Haneul asked, sitting back down with her tray of kimchi opened and ready to eat.

"They're going fine, still no wins but we are gaining more fans internationally." Elkie responded, sighing as Shuhua smiled trying to lighten the mood.

"Maybe you guys can attend kcon then..." Shuhua suggested as Elkie nodded.

"Definitely-" Haneul mumbled, munching furiously on her rice and kimchi.

"You animal!" Elkie giggled.

"You told me to eat," Haneul pouted.

"I never told you to swallow it whole," Elkie joked. "You'll get indigestion!"

"Then you guys can come over and buy me medicine," Haneul shrugged. "How's... Pentagon?"

"You mean Hyojong," Shuhua raised an eyebrow as Haneul sighed.

Hyojong... that name that used to bring butterflies to her stomach now brought dread. Haneul made a New Years resolution to focus on her career only, which meant she also wanted to get rid of any feelings she had for him.

She couldn't afford deal with any distractions, now she had finally achieved her dream. She wanted to excel and boy drama wasn't something she wanted to deal with. He may not be with Hyuna but still it felt wrong. She could tell her sister still had feelings for Hyojong and she didn't want to hurt her.

"Haneul-"

Haneul glanced over to the doorway, where her colleague Yebin stood.

"Would you mind helping me out as soon as possible? The reception desk is full and the computers down for check in. If you get out you can get off work early and I'll cover you." Yebin bargained as Haneul nodded.

"I'll be out in a minute."

"Thank you! You're a lifesaver!" Yebin called out, dashing away.

"I'll speak to you guys later," Haneul said before turning off the videocall, the screen turning black.