Injury

Jacks POV:

I skated off the ice and walked to the change room. I picked up my phone and saw 3 messages from Y/N.

Y/N: hi babe, I'm in the hospital I hurt my knee pretty bad, getting x-rays will let you know.

Y/N: Also please don't worry, I'm OK.

Y/N: I lied.... Im not ok, please come as soon as possible. Im scared for the X-rays to come in.

At this point I started to freak. I undressed as quickly as possible and rushed to the parking lot. I hopped in the car and drove as fast as I could to the hospital. I called Y/N on the way to the hospital.

*PHONE CALL*

Y/N: jack where are you

Jack: Im on my way, im driving as fast as I can. Are u okay... what happened. How'd you get to the hospital, where were you?

Y/N: relax baby, please be safe driving. Ill answer everything once you get here. I love you.

Jack: ok ok. Sorry I just freaked out when I got a text saying you were in the hospital. I love you too. See you in 10 minutes.

—————

10 long minutes later I arrived at the hospital. I ran inside to the front desk.

"Y/n , y/l/n, what room is she in."

"115, down the hall to the right"

"Thank you."

I barged into the door to see the doctor talking to y/n and her bawling her eyes out. I quickly rushed to her side and gave her a kiss on the forehead and sat down on the bed next to her. She was quick to snuggle into my side. The doctor finished talking and left us for a couple minutes.

"Ill be back to discuss treatment options." The doctor said.

As soon as the doctor left a million questions just flooded into my brain.

"What happened?" You asked looking extremely worried.

"I-I was on the ice training, an-and we were scrimmaging and this girl pinned me against the boards and I went to push back against her with my leg and my knee just gave out." Y/n managed to say through sobs.

"What did the doctor say." You asked knowing the answer wasn't going to be good news. Y/n begin bawling and just nuzzled her head into my chest.

"Shhh its okay baby. Everything will be okay." i said trying to reassure her. I rubbed her back and gave her multiple kisses in hopes of trying to make her feel better. After a couple minutes she finally collected herself and told me what's wrong.

"The doctor said I've torn my ACL and will be out of hockey for the whole season and depending on my recovery and if there is any complications, possibly the beginning of next season." Y/n said.

I was honestly in shock. I was so upset and so was she. I couldn't believe that she would have to sit the whole season and possibly part of next season.

"Oh my god baby, I don't even know what to say." I said.

"Don't say anything, just lie with me." She said. I pulled her into a tight hug and we sat like that until the doctor came back in.

The doctor discussed the surgery and physical therapy for after wards. The whole time y/n tried so hard to be strong and keep her tears in, but I knew this injury was heartbreaking for her. She loved hockey just as much as I did and we both knew this was gonna be a tough year.

The doctor set y/n up on crutches and sent us home. We would have to return in 5 days for her surgery. Until then she had to stay off of it, ice on for total 2 hours a day, and use her crutches. I made sure to listen to everything she was supposed to do.

We got home and I carried her in from the car and set her down on the couch. I propped up her knee on some pillows, turned on her favourite tv show, and ordered some food.

After all of that I sat down next to her. She was staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me," I asked while laughing.

"I just can't believe how lucky I got. You're so amazing and do anything and everything for me. You just make me so happy." She said.

I gave her a kiss and just snuggled in with her. Man I'm in love with this girl.

The rest of the night we just watched tv and I got her anything she needed. The next 5 days consisted of basically the same thing.

Y/n: Today I tore my ACL putting me out for the whole season

Y/n: Today I tore my ACL putting me out for the whole season. Learning this I wasn't as happy as I look in the picture but it will get better and I will come back stronger. Shoutout to @jackhughes_ for being the best💕
Jackhughes_: strongest girl I know. Love u😘
User1: so cute^ relationship goals😌
Teammate1: gonna miss u this season.
Teammate2: wishing a speedy recovery, we need you out here❤️🏒
Y/sister: gonna miss watching my favourite player this season😔💕
User3: feel better🥰

Kinda different: used Jack's POV & added an Instagram post thing. Did you guys like it? Remember to show your support please!💙