Prologue

A/N This is a completely original story set in WW2. The photo is from on line, this is what I imagine Dinah to look like when she is 11/12 years old.
Dinah Lucie Barach had a rocky start to life. She was born on 15/10/1929 at 01:30am in Bremen, Germany but her mother Lucie Mary Barach died in childbirth, leaving Victor Barach to look after his new born and earn enough money to pay for the rent.
They weren't the richest family out there but they managed. Dinah ran errands to earn a bit of extra money . Once the war started Dinah had a bag in the corner of her room, ready if they would ever need to escape from the country. At first Jews had a strict curfew. Then Jews were prohibited from going into designated areas. Once rationing began, Jews were discriminated further by their rations being reduced. In September 1941, a decree was sent out preventing all Jews from using public transport. In that same month the Nazis forced all Jews over the age of 6 to wear the yellow Jewish star on their outermost clothes. Germans started putting Jews into Judenhäuser (Jewish houses) and making any Jews fit for work perform compulsory forced labour.
However,our story starts on the outskirts of Bremen in the small family of Barach on the 7/10/1941...