2 • The woman at the Library

𝙵rom a short distance I saw a very dear friend "Mayer the player!" she shouted and guess what? She ran like a giddy child over and launched herself onto me. My knees bent, they were on the verge of giving up when she hugged me ever so lovingly.

Mayer the player. Such a remarkable name, isn't it?

Then a girl walked by, wearing a short floral dress with her wavy locks reaching her mid back, "That's a ten!" Kelsey said, rating the girl in which I replied, "No, just eight." Our eyes kept darted on the girl's slender figure, those legs were long, so fucking long.

Tearing away her glance she said, "I liked the long wavy hair, reminds me of a Greek goddess." whilst snaking an arm around my shoulder. "True." I agreed. As we walked away Kelsey kept asking about the things she missed while she was sick. "Tell me, Juliet. You weren't sick, were you?" She didn't look like she just got well from a disease. The glow she had was indescribable, her, in overall, looked like a goddess herself who had a never lasting glow of beauty and when you stare into her eyes, the ocean would stare right back at you.

"Hey, I was!" She defended with a false mask of an offended expression. "Whatever. But hey, by any chance do you happen to know someone with a short brunette hair, a little bit shorter than me and has a perfect hour-glass body?" That was all the detail I could give to describe that mystery woman.

Last time when I thought I had the chance, she just vanished. Like instantly gone within sight before I could approach her. The thought of her being my father's new lover made my blood boil but that was washed away when I asked Robert if he knew her. Yes, that was right, I swallowed my pride and asked him. He said no.

It was a mistake that I looked away because when my gazes went back to the same place she stood, she was gone and then Michelle came running to me with a unicorn keychain in hand and proudly showing it off to me, which I concluded that it must be given to her by that lady.

"You sound strange, Alexis." Kelsey said frowning. "Since when did you start looking for someone? as far as I know, they're the one who looks for you. You are Mayer the player for a reason, Alex" she said, deepening the tone of my remarkable name. I ribbed her softly. "What!? am I wrong?" I rolled my eyes at her and smirk.

What she said was awfully right, even if that name was offending. I was a player - I was famous for it. Girls came at me and I played them with whatever game they wanted, sexual or not sexual. There were only two rules. No marks and no feelings, meaning it would be just plain sex - not love making.

Their charms were too weak to spark anything.

This all started when I got involved with my two former teachers in freshman year - Billie Dean Howard and Wilhemina Venable. Ever since that encounter at Mina's place, it felt like my innocence was stripped off of me. I came out as a new person. It all changed. They were my first in all honesty. I lost my purity to the both of them.

And obviously after that encounter, it was followed by countless meetings, at Mina's place, Billie's office, the library, restaurant, bathrooms, you name it. Mostly when we were out in public, Billie was the bolder one who always initiated it.

A loud bored sigh past through Kelsey's full lips, "I'm bored, library?" We were 50% nerds, but we weren't going to study or sleep there, we would be going for a hunt. Usually pretty smart girls hang out there, reading books and studying.

"Same old rule?"

"Same old, same old, sister."

The rule was whoever took the first brave step to approach the girl and got her number gets her but if not then the other would be given a chance.