3. NedSpa

It was a sunny spring day. Most of the children would help out their parents at the farm at this age, however there where two kids running around on a flower field. A field filled with colourful tulips. A beautiful flower, one widely known as a county's signature flower.
On the field was a thin and tall blonde boy with his torn and dirty clothes, running behind a tan, brown haired and nicely clothed boy, the blond's only friend, Antonio.
"Come on Benjamin! Catch me if you can!" The Spaniard was running away from the taller friend while giggling happily. After 10 minutes, the blond boy caught up to his friend and grabbed his arm.
"Since... when... can you... run... so fast?!" The Dutch boy said between pants. He let his friend go and tried to catch his breath while Antonio was laughing. "You just run slow!" Spaniard looked at his friend with a big smile. "Come on! Dinner will be ready soon!" Antonio grabbed Benjamin's hand and started to run with him. The blonde boy was just running behind him without hesitating.
~

Benjamin sat up while  opening his golden-green eyes. His alarm was beeping through the whole house. The Dutchman turned off the alarm and gazed out the window. Behind the window he saw a heavy rain slamming against the window and onto the streets. With a sigh, Benjamin stood up and stretched.
"Eh.. a new day"
The blonde male went to do all his morning routine like every day. Taking a quick shower, making  breakfast, putting clothes on and leaving for work, but this day was different. It was 5th of december today, Sinterklaas* for the Dutch children and Benjamin. The blonde male went to see Sinterklaas every year. He loved to see his people be happy, even when the weather wasn't exactly nice. This day was no difference.

 Benjamin was walking through the rain with a cigarette between his dry lips, his long scarf waving behind him. He knew he was getting closer to the place, there where lots of children running  around like crazy. Thet all wore colourful clothing and their faces where painted with black face paint. The blond  Dutchman finally reached the place. He stood still while smoking. Children where still running around and singing the happy songs about Sinterklaas that's coming to the Netherlands from Spain, he and his 'zwarte piet's.  When the children saw a big boat coming closer, they quickly got to the bars and started to wave and scream in happiness. Benjamin put his cigarette out, still looking at the small children  and the colourful boat.  When boat stopped  one of the piets came out the boat. But.. he wasn't black. He was more of a tan colour. Children were still happy to see him. But the man in colourful suit ignored them after a small chat to kids. He looked right at the Benjamin  and smiled cheerfully.
Benjamin seeing those deep eyes he dreamt of for all those years, his umbrella fell on the ground while his golden-green eyes became watery for the first time in ages. A tan male jumped over the barriers and ran up to Benjamin.
"Benjamin! Am-!" Antonio couldn't end the sentence as he was picked up by the Dutchman and kissed deeply. Spaniard smiled and with his thumbs he wiped Benjamin's tears away.
"Happy Sinterklaas Benjamin♡"

-
-
*Sinterklaas is a legendary figure based on Saint Nicholas, patron saint of children. Other names for the figure include De Sint ("The Saint"), De Goede Sint ("The Good Saint"), and De Goedheiligman ("The Good Holy Man") in Dutch.

*Zwarte piet is the companion of Saint Nicholas in the folklore of the Low Countries. The character first appeared in an 1850 book by Amsterdam schoolteacher Jan Schenkman. Traditionally, Zwarte Piet is black because he is a Moor from Spain. Those portraying Zwarte Piet usually put on blackface make-up and colourful Renaissance attire, in addition to curly wigs and bright red lipstick. In recent years, the character has become the subject of controversy.