Chapter Four

I make my way down the hallway,glancing every so often at my in hand schedule."B16,B16...ah,here it is."
I finally spot my listed locker by the locker rooms."Ugh..."I scrunch my nose,tossing all of my books in my locker,trying very hard to shut the door.Finally,I cram the books all together and shove the locker shut.
"Finally."I keep on down the hall,glancing again at my paper,not paying attention all that much to what's in front of me.A stranger and I come crashing down to the floor,books and bodies sprawled across the floor.
"Hey,watch where your going next time."a guy with shaggy brown hair and sapphire blue eyes growls."My bad."I laugh fakely."No kidding."he leaps to his feet,leaning down with an outstretched hand.I,out of instinct,go to shake hands,but surrender when he just picks up a book out of his reach,strutting away after.
I shake my head."Are you kidding me?"I scoff angrily,getting back on my feet and wiping the filth off of my jeans as I glare at the back of his head,as he disappears around a corner.
After 3rd period comes lunch.I make my way to my locker,cramming all of my books into the shelf.It takes five punches to finally hear the lock click.
Sighing heavily,I check the time.12:07."Eh,I'm not hungry."I shrug,watching the students hurry past.The cheerleaders do cartwheels past me,the jocks jog to the locker rooms,and everyone else scrambles to lunch.They can do anything,for all I care,as long as I'm not caught in the middle.
"Hello again."Samuel greets,leaning casually on the lockers.I wave."Hey.What's up with you?"He shrugs."Eh,nothing much.Have you ever noticed that the back of the classroom is where people decide to make out?"He chuckles.I nod with a smirk."Unfortunately,I get to witness the chemistry in math class."
He laughs,glancing at his watch."You're not hungry?"I shake my head."The scene in the classroom kind of made me lose my appetite."
He scoffs."Nuh uh,you have to eat.You don't have any money,is that it?"he reaches into his pocket,me assuming it's a wallet."No,no,I have money."I say.
He sighs."Come on,are you afraid of not fitting in?"he grins,tilting his head slightly.That is a definite YES."Eh."I answer,relaxed.Maybe a little too relaxed.I glance over at him.He is in the same position,smirking.
I don't think he's buying it.
"Fine,yes,I'm scared of being a misfit."I admit.Samuel just laughs."Trust me,you are not a misfit to them.If anything,they see you as independent."
Great,my own label:independent."I already have a label,huh?"I ask.He smirks."It's the image you put out.You don't talk to anyone."he points out.I scoff."Oh yeah?What are you?"
He shrugs."Somewhere in between jock and goth."I tilt my head in confusion."Goth?"He nods."I'm not a total player,you know.I have a dark side,too."
As the class bell rings,I try not to think about that.Much.