Session 2

"Sorry about the wait, my meeting ran over a little, but I'm here. So, we've been meeting for about a month now, how are we feeling, guys?" Ivy asked as she walked into her office. Harry and I had been waiting for her for a few minutes.

"It's okay," I said quietly.

"Things seem off," she frowned, "Almost like they're worse than where we left off last time." I looked down at my hands and shrugged. "You guys have to tell me what's going on if we want to work through things," she sighed, "I know we have a hard time saying things sometimes, but I really do just want to help you guys."

"It's my fault," Harry said, I turned to look at him and there was a tear running down his face, "I wasn't honest and I wasn't faithful."

"Ava?" Ivy asked, almost as if asking if I knew what he was talking about. I answered with another small shrug. "Alright, Harry, please explain."

"I cheated," he said bluntly, "The day I'd first talked to Izzy about things, when she told me I don't know what happened but I slept with her, and I've regretted it from the moment it happened." Ivy's face fell just like mine had when he first told me.

"And you told Ava already?" She looked over at me and I nodded, "Oh my god, and how do you feel about it? Both of you."

"Guilty, remorseful, like I made the biggest mistake of my life," Harry sniffled.

"Betrayed," was the only thing I could manage to say. Even then, the word was quiet and I could feel the knot in my throat as I spoke. I knew if I tried to say anything else I'd break down, so I stopped it there.

"I'm guessing that that is what all the meltdowns have been about," she said quietly, looking at Harry for a response. He nodded and looked down. "I'm not trying to put the blame on you 100% but blowing up on someone you love for something you did isn't exactly going to fix anything," she said.

"I know," he said, "That's why I told about what had happened. I couldn't stand doing that to her anymore."

"Why didn't you tell me from the beginning, H?" I said quietly, not trusting my voice to hold up at a higher volume.

"I don't know," He sniffled, "I thought maybe if I didn't tell you you wouldn't hate me and we would still be able to fix things, but it just made me spiral."

"We could've talked about it," I told him, "Maybe figured things out and worked through things."

"You said 'could've,'" Ivy pointed out, "Do you not feel that way anymore?" I looked up at her, taking in what I had said too. I didn't even know I felt that way or if I still did.

"I don't know," I said, "So much has happened and I don't know how I feel anymore."

"Harry, you seem surprised," Ivy said.

"When I told her about it, she told me we were done," he said.

"Yeah, I was mad and in shock," I said, not looking at him or Ivy, "I still am, but now I'm also confused."

"And why is that?" Ivy questioned.

"Because I still love him," I answered, "That doesn't just go away because he made a mistake, but I'm still hurt. Really hurt."

"Believe me when I say that it was the biggest mistake of my life and I regret putting you through all of that," he said, "I want to fix things. I love you with all my heart."

"We need to start filing for a divorce," I muttered, "I called my lawyer and he told me about the six month waiting period for a divorce to finalize."

"Wait, filing for divorce?" Harry asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, it can be cancelled any time between the time we file and the time the six months are up if we decide to fix things, but if we can't I don't want to drag this on any longer," I admitted, "We can keep coming to these during those six months, but it's something I need, Harry."

"I think it's a good idea," Ivy said, "You guys can cancel it at any time and we'll keep trying to make it work in that time frame."

"It'll be public record if we do it, Aves," he said, "the media is going to go crazy over it."

"No one will know," I said, "I'll move back into the house and no one will even know to look for it."

"Is this really what you want?" he asked.

"It's the only way I think we can try to move forward," I said with a shaky voice, "It doesn't mean I don't still want to try to work things out, but I want to protect myself in a way too."

"Okay," he said, "I love you. I'll do anything to get us back."

a.n// it's been a while! sorry y'all there's been a shit ton of stuff going on in my life right now and i needed some time for myself. i'm back now though and i'm hoping to get on an update twice a week schedule, soooo please let me know if you'd prefer a tuesday friday schedule or a monday friday type deal <3